Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 08:16 AM

Looking for anyone cruising on Majesty of the Seas - August 28 - Sept 1
Old 05-02-2006, 01:47 PM

Hi DSR - my husband and I and two other couples are sailing on the Majesty on 8/28. It's our first time on Majesty however, one of the other couples have been on the ship 8 or 10 times and love it. We just returned from an 8 night cruise on Jewel of the Seas and we're ready to cruise again!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:30 AM

We cruised on the Majesty of the Seas in December with a family group of 12. We had a great time - Found the ship to be a little older.

My Daughter (15 years old) & I are cruising the Week of August 20 - 27 on Carvinal - (St. Thomas, San Juan, Half Moon Cay & Grand Turks) -

I planing on Spending the night of the 27th in Miami -

My Sister and Son - And My husband will be joining us for the 4 night cruise on Majesty of the Sea.

This will be my Sister and Son 1st cruise she only wants to do four nights (Thinking she may not like it)-

And a 4 night cruise is enough for my husband.

I do think the back to back cruise is a little much - but this way I'm not paying double air fare.

We are coming from Virginia -
Old 05-03-2006, 08:37 AM

I've heard that the ship is a little older but our friends just love it. We're used to balcony cabins but we're getting an oceanview this time.

We live in south Florida but may drive down the night before. We usually stay with my brother who lives in Miami but I kind of doubt that he's going to appreciate 6 of us converging on his house.

I think that it's probably a good idea to start with a short cruise for a first cruise. We just returned from the 8 night Eastern Caribbean on Jewel so I'm ready for a short cruise. I've never done a back-to-back but it is smart to do it that way to save on airfare.

Have you decided what you're going to do in Key West? We've been there quite a few times. Went last year on the 6 night Western Caribbean on the Jewel. Then took the high speed boat down later in the year. We enjoy taking the Fury Cataraman snorkeling trip. We usually have enough time left to do a little shopping and walking around.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:13 AM

I'm looking for something that includes water in Key West - My husband and Daughter are true water sports people.

I can Skip all the shopping. We were there in December - We covered all the stores then (I had my mother-in-law with me)

On our April 2006 cruise - I read all the reviews for each port (portreviews.com) - Getting a good feeling for what I wanted to do in each port - Taking the advice from others - WE HAD THE BEST CRUISE EVER.

Have you been to COCO Cay Yet? We were there twice last year.

I'm going to be looking for water fun in Nassua also - Maybe a beach.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:42 AM

Your daughter might enjoy one of the kayaking or eco-tours. They also have a wild dolphin encounter. I've never taken a tour in Key West, other than going on the Fury Catamaran but you might want to check out bestonkeywest.com. Lots of neat tours and some leave fairly early. I noticed that we're supposed to be in Key West from 7:00am to 2:00pm.

Also, I'm sure you know that the beaches in Key West aren't that great. They're pretty rocky so I don't recommend heading to the beach.

I have been to Coco Cay. I enjoy that part of the cruise. Very relaxing.

Closed Thread

Tags
828, 91, cruises