Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 08:10 AM

Hi complete newbie here. Due to being extremley lucky we are off on FOS on 20th Jan for the Western C cruise. I have read loads of posts but cant find a definate answer to this.

Can we leave our excursions till we actually get of the ship in port or should we pre-book and if so does anyone have any tips on companies they use other than the ship its self.

Are TC widly accepted or would we be better with a CC whilst in port.

Many thanks in advance
Old 12-31-2007, 02:05 PM

You're always safer with the ships excursions.Pre-booking will guarantee you a spot.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mariechez:
Hi complete newbie here. Due to being extremley lucky we are off on FOS on 20th Jan for the Western C cruise. I have read loads of posts but cant find a definate answer to this.

Can we leave our excursions till we actually get of the ship in port or should we pre-book and if so does anyone have any tips on companies they use other than the ship its self.

Are TC widly accepted or would we be better with a CC whilst in port.

Many thanks in advance
Thanks, is it likely to be busy at this time of year.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:06 AM

You can go onto RCCL's web site and look at what excursions are available at each port you're visiting. If you check out each port on the web you'll be able to find all of the tour operators and book excursions on line. Booking on line will save you money. If you book onboard the ship, do it ASAP; excursion book up quickly. Credit cards is our choice of paying for things. We use to carry travelers checks, but stopped doing that a long time ago.

Sonny
Old 01-02-2008, 07:03 PM

We pick a few excursions (they are pricey) and you do have to book on line or early in the cruise. You can't do it on the pier.

In many places you can get a taxi driver to give you as good or better a tour than the cruise ship ones. We like the excursions for special things like the dolphins or 6 or 7 hour trips into ruins or similar. But for seeing the town or getting to a beach, it is easier and cheaper to do it on your own (just confirm prices in advance!)

We use cash and credit cards and debit card. No TC anymore.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:21 AM

Newbie here as well...

My Mom and her hubby are avid cruisers (over 15 cruises on RC alone)...they NEVER book excursions thru RC...she said anything that RC has on their site, you can take a cab to the place and do it for a fraction of the price. They've had some bad experiences early on in their cruising (broken down buses, no working A/C, long lines with a 'group'...).
We leave in two weeks, there's very few 'excursions' I care to go on, I do want to spend the day at Atlantis in Nassau...I still need to call to find out whether they offer day passes as I've heard conflicting reports that they've not stopped offering it.
HOWEVER, I did notice a Breezes day excursion on RC, pulled up Breezes website and called them directly....
RC Cost for 4 hours: $90.00 per person
Cab to Breezes and pay at the desk on our own and the pass is from 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. $60 per person...so, if Atlantis doesn't work out (still need to call them direct), we'll be at Breezes on our own ride, not thru RC.
Also, my RC rep that we did our booking thru had the same advice regarding cabs. She said a lot of times you can give a cab driver $30 or $40 and they'll take you to secluded beaches, etc or anywhere you care to go for the entire time you're in port...just to ask the driver a lot of questions. We've got six people in our group tho, so I don't know that this would work for us, but we'll see.
I know my folks also do this a lot.
So, just my two cents and what I found out from calling Breezes in Nassau myself
Happy Cruising

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-03-2008, 10:47 AM

Just remember, if you are on a RCI excursion and you are delayed getting back to the ship,The ship will wait for you.If you are on your own they wont.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:51 AM

I booked my excursion online and we did an atv tour and we made it back to the ship on time but we also booked it early in the morning and got back with time to spare. Do you know the ports?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the tips

Closed Thread