Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2006, 09:46 AM

i tryed carnival again wasnt that pleased .anyports out of nola.?
Old 11-30-2006, 10:07 AM

gary...try RCCL.com for the link. Also, I have gotten GREAT cruise deals on both RCCL and Carnival before using www.travelocity.com and everything went very smooth!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 11-30-2006, 10:15 AM

Geez, can I post my travel agents website too? I thought there were rules about that. I know she's better than any internet agency, and I'd be doing someone a favor by refering her to them.

Sonny
Old 11-30-2006, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tncruiseman:
gary...try RCCL.com for the link. Also, I have gotten GREAT cruise deals on both RCCL and Carnival before using www.travelocity.com and everything went very smooth!
thanks i did a google also out of no . is r/c better than carnival. you option? what about norrwejen?
Old 11-30-2006, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
Geez, can I post my travel agents website too? I thought there were rules about that. I know she's better than any internet agency, and I'd be doing someone a favor by refering her to them.

Sonny
sonnyv you got lots of crusie i see boked , you must be rich.and retired..
Old 11-30-2006, 10:28 AM

I'm retired, but not rich. I'm becoming cruise broke. When I'm on the Voyager in 10 days I'll be booking another cruise so I get the $100 on board credit.

Sonny
Old 11-30-2006, 07:08 PM

TRAVELOCITY? It is awful. If you are planning a cruise vacation, use a good travel agent. My first cruise (1999) my wife and I booked through a travel agent. Our flight connection was delayed and we got to the ship in San Juan three hours after scheduled departure (10pm). Our agent, RCCL and we were in constant communication (before everyone had Cell phone - Pay phone booths). We made our ship with only a little stress.

2005 Booked through Travelocity an "Airport Hotel" in Miami for a plane departure the next morning at 7AM to St Marteen. Need to be at the airport at 5:30. We found out the "Airport Hotel" was 45 minutes from Miama Airport. That the airport shuttles started at 6am. I called Travelocity to book something that could get us a few hours of sleep but to the plane on time. Could not help us and no refund, they did offer to call the hotel for us to let them know we would not be there....HELLO! if we are paying for it and not showing up I do not care if they know about it! Thank goodness Continental got us a room close to the airport at $250 a night (Miami was sold out because of some event), but we made our flight. Travelocity was not only no help but cost us real $$ because they are not real people looking for future business like a real travel agent.
I am not selling pro or con any means of travel but for big trips it is worth a little for human contact.
So in conclusion, SONNY! I agree. There are no bargains with internet sites for vacations. I use them for a flights from A to B for business, ect. but when your vacation is at stake go for the real deal.
Mark O'C
Old 11-30-2006, 07:14 PM

Sonny,
By the way you are the man. I have learned alot from you thanks. I am going on Celebrity Millenium in August in Europe. Any good picture sites of the ship? If you have a link let me know. I have sailed on RCCL 3 times (4th in Jan) my first on any other ship. This also puts me into the 5 sailing Cat. because we are doing a Suite. Ant advice?
thanks Mark O'C

Closed Thread