Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 01:47 PM

Hi- We are are off on our cruise on 3/2/06 and had a few questions about wine on board. I'm not terribly comfortable with smuggling wine on board. Does anyone know if it is offered in the duty free liquor store? If so, can you bring it to enjoy in your cabin, if you pay a fee? Also, does the Grandeur of the Seas offer their wine package on their four-night cruises? Thanks!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:55 PM

Max, I don't recall wine being sold in the liquor stores onboard the ships. They do sell the hard stuff, cordials, etc. But even then, you can't use it in your cabin. In fact, you don't take it with you out of the store. They deliver it to your cabin your last night onboard.

Sandy
Old 02-07-2006, 05:49 PM

i dont believe that you have to "smuggle" it on. but unless you "smuggle" aboard a cork screw you will have to pay a corkage fee which is usually at least 7.95 i think (very well might be more). this is certainly the case if you are going to drink it in the dining room. in your cabin though you can often ask your attendant to open it for you. we gave our guy a $20 on the 2nd day of our european cruise and he opened a couple of bottles of wine for us every day. they were wines that we had bought in port around italy and greece. we generally bought 3-4 bottles for our group of people, a couple would be opened in our room by our guy, a couple we would pay the corkage fee and have with dinner.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:17 PM

Hey Max B,

If you are going on a 4 night and you enjoy say a bottle of Beringer White Zinfandel. Go to your local supermarket or Sams and buy 4 bottles. It will set you back maybe $18 for 4 bottles. Don't worry about the corkscrew as they are looking for guns not a little wine corkscrew.

If you were to buy ONE bottle of Beringers onboard anywhere on the ship it will cost you $28.95. If you are enjoy a fancy wine that is not on this list

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home...ktmevl6?catCode=WINE

then you can bring it onboard and RCCL will store it for you and then charge you $11.00 to open it for you.

Do they offer a 4 day wine package. I'm not sure but expect to pay $120 for 4 nights if they do have it.

IMHO 4 bottles of Beringer brought onboard is $18 I will pry out the cork if I have to but my corkscrew is all ways in my suitcase.

or Pay 666% markup and buy it onboard
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 02-24-2006, 12:26 PM

The prices for wine onboard, particularly if you order one of the wine packages, are not that bad. Basically, it is the same as any normal restaurant. Wine is always expensive in restaurants, compared to retail. What I liked about purchasing the wine package (we got the premium 7 bottle package) was that if you told the waiter which wine you wanted for the next night's dinner, it would be waiting for you at the table when you arrive for dinner. Then, if you want to order a second bottle and take it back to the cabin, you can do that too.
I must admit, however, that $18 for four bottles is a price the boat will not be able to beat! :-)

Closed Thread