Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 PM

Does the food cost extra in the promanade restaurants? We will be on the AOS in August.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Well last year I went to the “adventure of the seas” if this is what means AOS, if is not sorry for this post…
There is only one “restaurant” in the adventure of the seas promenade
No they don’t cost extra money.
Believe me you won’t want to pay, on any cruise line, for a “seven eleven” sandwiches or for the one slice, yes only one per person for each turn, of the little slice of microwave pizza they make there. The food of the promenade does not worth the try, but is the only free food after 9:00 pm.

You know I am a food junkie so let me tell you how it works on this ship:

• Windjammer close every day from 3:00 to 5:00 pm for “cleaning” so when you come from your tour from the island, there is no where to eat, the only option they give you the Promenade Café little snacks…after that you just wait for the Dinner at the dinning food, I have no complains from the dinning room the food is great and the service ufffffff A+.
• Johnny rockets great place but you have to pay a nominal fee (6 dollars per person) each time you eat there, great place but you don’t get a Cruise to pay extra $$$ for your food I think…
• Portofino has a nominal fee of $20 dollars per person and you have to make an appointment before your dinner.
• There is no midnight buffet they only give you a “degustacion” which means a small plate were you taste a flavor in small portions, is great night for taking pictures and to taste sushi but nothing more, so that day better eat well at your dinner or you will regret it.

As For Royal Caribbean here is the only complaint I have:

It’s a great cruise line, one of the best and has better dinner service than other cruise lines but, they keep charging extra money for the food on every cruise ship they have. The service is A+, the ports are great, and besides the limiting food problems, this is why I do not cruise with them this year and went to Carrnival instead, the ship is a great vacation for your money. I don’t like cruise lines that limit the food in order to save a few dollars. I paid good money for this vacation so don’t get cheap on the food I want MORE Buffets Please!!!…
That’s my opinion some people may think different and I respect that. If you are not a food addict like me, you will be fine.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Casanova-Have you tried asking your waiter for an extra entree-I've been on many cruises and many cruiselines and have never been refused any reasonable request at the dinner table! Of course, there is always room service!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 06-14-2007, 05:00 AM
Johnny Rockets $6 a person that is way more expensive than on the Freedom it was $3.95 why 6 bucks on AOS???

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-14-2007, 05:39 AM

Thanks for the information. I was under the impression that there were some sort of pastries, cookies, etc. in one of the restaurants.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by lpjpane:
Thanks for the information. I was under the impression that there were some sort of pastries, cookies, etc. in one of the restaurants.
There is. The Cafe Promenade has many items which are included in your cruise fare. But they also have some other things which cost extra. You can go there and have coffee, a sandwich, pastries, cookies, and not have to pay anything. But if you want a cappucino then it will cost you.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:34 AM
The Promanade restaurant is a great place to meet after the late show, or closing down the Disc...coffee, tea, pasteries and pizza...I was on the Voyager of the Seas and most passengers didn't find out about this neat place until the last few days....so it pretty much empty most of the time...and they did have Sugar Free cookies if you are looking for them...

Bob E
Old 06-14-2007, 07:26 AM

heck, it's nothing for me to get three entrees and two deserts. i am definitely getting my money's worth.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:20 AM
In order to be fair:

• No I never used the room service because I did not know, until I discovered this site, that it was free of charge. As I remember in my cabin there was a list of food from room service with prices so I figured if you have to pay extra for it, Johnny rockets is better.

• Remember now Johnny rockets charges you for meal, the milk shakes and the coke that’s why the price of 6 dollars.

I don’t want you to think I did not enjoy my cruise.
I really enjoy the Adventure of the seas the ports Wow!!
But the food problem makes me think that they really want to cut the most interesting and important part of cruising… the food. I prefer other options then that’s all.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:16 AM

My husband and I have never spent any extra money on food while on a cruise. We did spend a couple dollars a day for room service, to deliver coffee to our balcony room in the mornings, on our last cruise. We have gone to Johnny Rockets, with our coupons for being repeat cruisers, so it didn't cost us anything but drinks. We don't even spend money on food in the ports - we eat on the ship! We enjoy the meals in the dining room, so we don't ever go to the specialty restaurants - which is just our choice.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread