Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 AM
I usually cuise Carnival and my Boss is getting ready to curise on the Jewel of the Sea out of Ft Lauderdale on March 16. He was asking when he can board the ship. I could not find that on the RCCL web site. Can any one help? Is it on the web site somewhere? I have often boarbed well early of published time on Carnival, Is this typical of RCCL also?

What else can I tell him that might gain me some points with the boss?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 10:38 AM

I usually get to the terminal by 11:30, most of the time you'll get on board by noon, depending on how disembarkation goes. The Jewel is my favorite of the four "Radiance" class ships.

Sonny
Old 03-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
I usually get to the terminal by 11:30, most of the time you'll get on board by noon, depending on how disembarkation goes. The Jewel is my favorite of the four "Radiance" class ships.

Sonny
Thanks Sonny, I can always depend on the cruise chat members to come through.

I was reading the reviews. One had good things to say about the Solarium Cafe Crepes and that the Pay extra restrauants were worth it, Chops and Portofino. Do you have any thoughts on them? Several mentioned slow elevators, what's that about, should I tell him to take he stairs?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:36 PM

Sonny, I'm excited about your comments regarding the Jewel. Yesterday we booked a cruise on her for January 2009. We have been on the Radiance, but not the Jewel.

I need to do my "cruise ticker" for that cruise. I've never had two "tickers" at one time. With our Alaska cruise coming up in May, I can now enter the realm of two upcoming cruises! How fun!

CruiseDad, we really like RCCL, and I'm sure your boss will, too!

Nadine
Old 03-12-2008, 02:26 PM

Yes, CruiseDad, I have thoughts about Chops, and Portofino's... mouth watering thoughts! Tell your boss it's like eating in a 5 star restaurant for only $20 per person.

Elevators can be slow during certain times of the day when there are a lot of people using them; this is true on all ships. I take the stairs for the exercise, it makes a difference on the scale if you use the stairs.

Sonny
Old 03-27-2008, 11:58 AM

We also love the Radiance class of ships. Jewel OTS was really so nice, and last month we had some of the best waiters and asst. waiter in our 30 cruises. To us its the perfect size ship. About the elevators being crowded at certain times, we found if we went to the front elevators they weren't as crowded, just a little tip!

Emerald Princess-11/30/08
Celebrity Century-1/8/09

Closed Thread

Tags
boarding, cruises, everglades, port, time