Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 PM

Has anyone been on the Jewel? I have noticed in many post on this and other boards not many past or future cruisers choosing her.
I was also wondering about the formal night/s
on RCCL site it states a 6 night cruise has 2 formal nights, 1 smart casual and the rest casual. So does this mean the smart casual is part of the one formal? Please someone tell me what to expect. My husband and I are choosing one of the formal nights to celebrate our 25th anniversary, otherwise we would be at the Outback in jeans!
We are bringing our daughter (12) and her girlfriend (14) they are more than excited since they have there own cabin!
Thanks for any input
Phillygirl
Old 03-09-2007, 06:39 AM

I have sailed on the Jewel twice. She is an absolutely beautiful ship and although the new ultra-voyager class ships like the Freedom are now getting all the attention, my favorite class of ship in the RC fleet is the Radiance Class (the Jewel is one). The best way to describe it (from my perspective) is that they have taken the very best of the smaller Vision Class and the very best of the larger Voyager class and made a blend of the two that is perfect.

On a 6 night saiing there will be 2 formal nights (usually the second night and the fifth night). In addition there is also a smart casual evening wich means in RC lingo - dresses or pantsuits for women and a jacket for men.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, formal, nights, rcl, wich