Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:22 AM

Once the Navigator of the Seas docks in Alexandria I am taking the 12 hour tour to Cairo. Has anyone taken this tour and if so please advise.

thank you
Old 01-29-2010, 09:35 AM

I just did the 12 hour tour to Cairo in December. It is a long day. They should have water on the bus. Take good walking shoes, sunglasses, hat, and lotion. Bring lots of ones for trinkets if you like. Hawkers will be selling their wares everywhere at the Pyramids. Be cautious of the camel rides. Stay with your guide. If you do wish to ride a camel have your guide assist you in negotiation. It should probably be somewhere around $5. People have reported being charged ridiculous amounts to get off the camel. The Pyramids are awesome to see, but they have become very touristy. Also be prepared to see a lot of poverty and litter along the way to the Pyramids. It's a shame.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 AM

excellent response. How about Alexandria I still haven't purchase the tour for this City.The ship docks for 2 days.

thank you
Old 01-29-2010, 10:45 AM

I am interested in WWII history and did the El Alamein tour on the 2nd day. The drive is a couple hours from Alexandria and takes you along the coast through many nice summer resort towns. We visited the El Alamein war museum, and three different cemeteries of the different allies. As a WWII history buff this was interesting to me. The actual time at the museum though was only 40 minutes. So you will be rushed. The cemeteries are in areas where it is very windy and sandy. You will need good walking shoes here too.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:44 AM

That's the tour that i'd take because I am also a World War II BUFF,however I am still trying to convince my wife. I hope she'll change her mind after reading your post.

once again thank you for taking time to answer my questions.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Greetings,

How was the food during the cruise on the Navigator of the Seas?.

Last year when I cruised on the Radiance of the Seas it was excellent with the exception of the steak which was tasteless.

thank you
Old 02-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Fino,
My Mediterranean and Egypt cruise was on the Brilliance of the Seas. The food was excellent. I have also sailed on the Navigator in the Caribbean and they had great food as well. Something new on the Brilliance was Mongolian Barbeque a couple times in the Windjammer for dinner. It was really good. Maybe they will have that on the Navigator.

Closed Thread

Tags
alexandria, caribbean, cruise, dock, egypt, reviews, royal, schedule