Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 04:34 PM

Hi we are booked on the Mariner in Jan 06. We are flying in to Orlando 4 days before the cruise and are staying at one of the Disney resorts. Part of the package is transport from the resort to the airport. Would it be and cheaper and better for us to go straight from the resort to the port or would it be cheaper to go from the airport to the port?

On our return we have a few more days in Orlando and I need some info. We want to visit the Kenedy space station and will have one more days pass for Disney. Is it better to stay near the port to visit these 2 places or go back and stay at a disney resort or any suggestions of anywhere in between. We are not from the US and hence have no idea about where and how far these destinatios are from each other.
Could someone also be able to give me a site address to book for Captain Marvins as they seem to come highly recomended.
Look forward to getting some feedback.
Thanks
Val
Old 08-16-2005, 04:34 PM

Hi we are booked on the Mariner in Jan 06. We are flying in to Orlando 4 days before the cruise and are staying at one of the Disney resorts. Part of the package is transport from the resort to the airport. Would it be and cheaper and better for us to go straight from the resort to the port or would it be cheaper to go from the airport to the port?

On our return we have a few more days in Orlando and I need some info. We want to visit the Kenedy space station and will have one more days pass for Disney. Is it better to stay near the port to visit these 2 places or go back and stay at a disney resort or any suggestions of anywhere in between. We are not from the US and hence have no idea about where and how far these destinatios are from each other.
Could someone also be able to give me a site address to book for Captain Marvins as they seem to come highly recomended.
Look forward to getting some feedback.
Thanks
Val
Old 08-16-2005, 05:08 PM

Port Canaveral is on the east coast of Florida due east of Orlando and a good driving distance. However, Royal Caribbean offers transfers from the airport to the ship and this is probably your best bet. You could take the transfer from Kissimmee to the airport (opposite direction from the cruise port) and then transfer to the ship from the airport.

On your return, you would probably want to visit the space center before traveling back to Kissimmee and Disney. Orlando isn't in the center of the two, but closer to Kissimmee than to Port Canaveral.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 08-17-2005, 08:04 AM

Hi Val,
To add to what Tom has already told you, here are my suggestions:
First, returning to the airport using Disney's free service is probably the best option. Most shuttle services to the Port are provided from the airport. You can use the cruise lines transfers, but depending on how many are in your party - it may be more economical and convenient to reserve transfers from an independent company. I know Majestic Transport offers service for $80 one way (http://www.majestictransport.net). A taxi will cost well over $100. The port is about 50 minutes to an hour away from the airport. Another option would be to rent a car (one way). Florida is probably one of the best states for offering very reasonable one-way rental rates. You can drop the car off at the rental car company and they will transport you to the port.

Now, after the cruise: You might again want to consider renting a car. This way you can spend the day at your leisure visiting the Kennedy Space Center and then head back to Orlando for the remainder of your trip.

As for Captain Marvins, Here is the website:
http://www.captainmarvins.com/

Hope this helps-
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-22-2005, 01:29 AM

Thanks Tom and Nancy the info has been very useful. I just have another question. We have a 7 yr old daughter travelling with us, do they have a seperate dinner time or do they have dinner with us. We were on the P&O and they had a 5pm dinner for kids after that they went to Kids club. We just need to know it, so that we can decide if we choose the first sitting or the second. Our preference is the 2nd if the kids have a seperate dinner sitting. Can you also let me know the timmings of the dinner sittings.
Thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 07:00 AM

Hi Val,
The children will dine with you on most evenings. They do not have a separate dining time for the children on Royal Caribben, with one exception: During the cruise there will be one night (possibly 2 - but not sure) that the children are invited to dine with the Adventure Ocean staff. All other times the children are expected to dine with the parents.

One option would be to take the children to eat upstairs in the casual dining area early and then have them return to Adventure Ocean later -and you and your husband could choose to dine separately at the late seating. (We did that one year with my daughter who couldn't wait to grab a bite to eat and just head right back down to the children's program - allowing my husband and I to enjoy quiet, long and uniterrupted dining together).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-26-2005, 08:42 PM

Val, another option for visiting the Kennedy Space Center is to sign up for a tour offered by Royal Caribbean. When your cruise ends and you're back at Port Canaveral, they'll pick you up at the ship early, like 7:30am, and drive you to the KSC for a tour, before driving you to the airport. From there you can make your way back to your Disney hotel.

There may be more than one tour offered. I know there is something called a "VIP Tour" but I don't know the details of it, whether there are others offered, or how they differ, and how much they cost. You may want to check with your travel agent, or look at the Shore Excursion information for Port Canaveral on Royal Caribbean's web site.

Closed Thread

Tags
car, caribbean, cruise, disney, informations, resort, service