Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2005, 09:53 AM

Hi. Looking for best cabin #'s for VOS or just your best advice: if we hate to walk is near an elevator the best (or is that too noisy!?). also, i definitely want a balcony: which is best for less seasickness and best view: mid, aft or forward? Thanks so much, this site is so wonderful!
Clo

First Cruise, Bermuda
Voyager Sept 2005
Old 05-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Banned

Clo - See my thread a few items down the page called "Just Returned from Mariner of the Seas". It has links to a review and pictures that will help answer some of your questions. The Mariner is a sister ship to Voyages and is nearly identical. I highly recommend the junior suites, and specifically the ones on the "Hump". You will see from the pictures that the bathroom has a tub instead of just a shower. Also, the "hump" is where one bank of elevators is located, but the elevators face the center of the ship - so noise was never a problem.

Also check out the thread a few items down called, "Mariner "Hump" Cabins 8318, 8320, 8620, 8618". But I recommend the ones on deck 9 - which are junior suites. I understand the ones on deck 8 are just balcony cabins.

We were in 9318 on our April cruise and loved it.

If you use a local travel agent, as other have recommended, they will be able to steer you to the best cabin for your needs and comfort.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:42 AM

I am 65 with a heart condition. I was concerned about the length of a walk from my cabin to the dining room. I stayed on the starboard side just behind mid-ship in cabin 6330. This cabin was a 40 foot walk to the 'aft' elevators to everything on the ship. Being on the 6th deck, I only had to walk 40 feet to either the elevators or simply took the staircase down one deck to the main dining room. I also suffer from sea-sickness. This cabin is in the back of the ship where you feel practically nothing. The balcony view was perfect for the entire cruise - the starboard side will get you a view of all the islands when you dock.

I wrote a review about the Voyager of the Seas today. Please be forewarned that Royal Caribbean does a POOR job of protecting its passengers against on-board viruses. Hundreds of people were affected on my cruise and kept isolated in their cabins. Their families were prevented from visiting the ports-of-call even if they were not sick. All Royal Caribbean seems to do is clean the elevators buttons and railings. NO JOKE. See my posting today on my cruise to hell! I lost thousands on my cruise when all I have is a bad stomach. I wish the affected passengers were computer literate like me and posted their own horror stories. Feel like seeing people throw up in the swimming pools? I can say these things because I witnessed them and I was isolated against my will. (FARBERGS)

Quote:
Originally posted by Clo:
Hi. Looking for best cabin #'s for VOS or just your best advice: if we hate to walk is near an elevator the best (or is that too noisy!?). also, i definitely want a balcony: which is best for less seasickness and best view: mid, aft or forward? Thanks so much, this site is so wonderful!
Clo

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cabin, cabins, customer, horror, junior, photo, reviews, rooms, sea, seas, sickness, stories, suite, voyager