Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 06:16 PM

i am taking a flight to miami for my cruise on monday... i am taking travel soaps with me. i heard somewhere that you are limited to only 1 zip lock bag of stuff, and it has to be flat... i have all my under 3oz bottles in a 8in zip lock bag, but they are not flat i have things on the side of each other... would i still be able to keep it ike that? or do i have to take some out to keep it flat? also is it rue that you can only take 1 zip lock per person ?? please someone who has flown recently help, i am leaving in less than a week

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 10-09-2007, 06:21 PM

No, the bag dosn't have to lie flat. You will have to remove it from your carry on and place it on top of your jacket or other items you are carrying. just remember 3-1-1 3 oz container 1 quart bag for 1 person. You must be able to close the ziplock bag. I have started packing most of my toiletries in a zip lock bag right in the luggage, no hassles that way.

Fantasy - Bahamas 4/96
Rhaposdy OTS - S Caribbean 11/97
Jewel OTS - Europe 9/07
Mariner OTS - Caribbean 10/08
Old 10-09-2007, 08:09 PM

If you can, pack most of your liquids in the checked baggage. That way, you avoid the issue altogether. The rule is, no larger than 3 oz. containers, 1 QUART size bag per PERSON and put it somewhere you can reach quickly. Just go ahead and get it out and be ready to place it on the belt separately from your checked bags. I have flown twice this year and it went hassle free except on the return flight from Philadelphia. My daughter wanted to bring back her 2 nephews a snow globe. So, we got them, wrapped them really well and put them in the carry on for safe keeping. Weeeellll, who do you think set off all the alarms??? Yep, never did it cross my mind about THAT liquid!!! It ended up good and they let me keep them although they didn't have to. You will be amazed how quick and easy it goes by just being prepared. As long as it is not over 3 ounces, it fits in a quart size ziplock and you only have one per person, all will be good. Remember, that is ALL liquids so don't forget you can't have a separate bottle of hand lotion in your purse. You will see a can full of that in line!! Have a wonderful trip!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 PM

As the previous posters have said, the rule is all liquids in carry on bags must be in three ounce containers (NOT three ounces in a large container), in one quart zip lock bag, and one zip lock bag per passenger. Easy way to remember it is 3-1-1. You may want to check out the TSA website, www.tsa.gov. This explains everything pretty well. When I went on my cruise and flew to Miami I kept my liquids in my checked baggage.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-09-2007, 08:50 PM

I have a couple of friends that work for TSA and this is what they always remind me of when I mention that I'm going somewhere...

Ladies besides hand lotion in your purse don't forget to remove the following:
Hand Sanitizer
Liquid Makeup (Concealer/Foundation)
Perfume (one friend recenlty had to take a small bottle of chanel from a lady, yep the lady was ticked but she couldn't fit it in the baggie and was traveling alone so she had to give it up, and NO most agents don't take/keep items that they want)
Nail Polish

General Public don't forget the following:
No water/pop/coffee can be taken through security, however you can buy as much as you want on the other side
If you're traveling with children even though you can take formula I have seen them make parents dump out sippy cups (and once a bottle that was just water). They don't have to allow these things through.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 PM

how about deodorant... not the spray kind or the gelish kind...the regular{like dove} does that have to be in a zip lock too? and tooth paste??

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 10-09-2007, 09:35 PM

also can you take a shaving razor, with the refills on your carry on??

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 PM

Here is a quote from the TSA website:

"The following rules apply to all liquids, gels, and aerosols carried through security checkpoints.

All liquids, gels and aerosols must be in three-ounce or smaller containers. Larger containers that are half-full or toothpaste tubes rolled up are not allowed. Each container must be three ounces or smaller.
All liquids, gels and aerosols must be placed in a single, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag. Gallon size bags or bags that are not zip-top such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed. Each traveler can use only one, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag.
Each traveler must remove their quart-sized plastic, zip-top bag from their carry-on and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.
There are exceptions for baby formula, breast milk, and other essential liquids, gels, and aerosols, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines.

Please keep in mind that these rules were developed after extensive research and understanding of current threats. They are intended to help air travelers bring essential toiletries and other liquids, gels and aerosols for short trips. If you need larger amounts of liquids, gels and aerosols such as toothpaste or shampoo, please place them in your luggage and check them with your airline."

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-09-2007, 09:39 PM

I think you can carry on a razor with refils...you might want to double check the TSA.gov website on that one...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM

thank you all for replying so quickly... i know i have alot of questions, i just dont want anything that i am going to needto use on my cruise to be confiscated... do you have to bag powder too..?? such as baby powder or makeup powder?

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
carried, carryon, container, cruise, flat, lie, line, lines, liquid, liquids, norweigan, royal, rules, size, tsa