Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2005, 09:24 PM

Question: I am considering a cruise in Sept on the mariner of the seas (Royal Caribbean). Has anyone stayed in a promenade room and have an opinion? Do you get any natural light in the windows on the promenade rooms or is is all from lights? It looks to be a cool location and since I might get motion sickness I thought this room choice might work?

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks,
Roberta
Old 08-02-2005, 10:03 AM

Not sure how to answer the light question. The promenade runs along the interior of the ship and is totally enclosed - so other than a very small stream of light that comes from the centrum on each end, there would not be any natural light that would filter in. However, the promenade is well-lit so when your drapes are open - it would appear to be daylight.

Personally, I love to look at the ocean when sailing, but it beats an inside cabin. They are great for people watching, good vantage point for the parades and overall a good choice if you don't wish an oceanview, but may suffer claustrophobia.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-03-2005, 04:27 AM

Are these rooms not quite noisy? I would think that people would be walking and talking and maybe there would be piped music in the Promonade during the day and probably until early morning. Anyone had experience?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:55 AM

I had a promenade room on the Voyager and we were not bothered by noise at all. They were fairly well soundproofed and wouldn't hesitate staying in one again. Just remember to keep your curtains drawn when dressing.
Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, floor, interior, mariner, noisy, promenade, promennade, prominade, review, reviews, room, rooms, royal, seas, ship