Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 10:10 AM

Anyone who sailed on the Mariner 8/31 thru 9/07... how was the trip? What was the weather like? And how were the seas?
My wife, kids and myself were supposed to be on that cruise, but had to reschedule because of my wifes' job. Saw how the weather got kinda ugly in that area. We were just wondering how the trip turned out.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 AM

Just got back yesterday. Trip was great! We canceled Coco Cay due to Hanna, but I like days at sea so we laid by the pool, etc. Day 2 was rough. Hanna seemed to follow us. We had up to 81 mph relative winds and around 9 foot or greater seas. The ship rode exceptionally well. Couldn't go out on deck, but no problem inside. Lots of activities. The Pub on the Promenade deck was a great place to drink beer and people watch. No real seasickness problems. Restaurants bars showed no real problem.
St. Thomas was cloudy but rain held off until just before departure. Most water shore tours (snorkeling, sailing, etc) were canceled, but in town was actually pretty nice since it was cooler.
St. Maarten and the last two days at sea were fantastic. Great weather.

All in all another great cruise.

Again, I was amazed at how well the ship rode in the strong winds and seas. Just a fantastic design. No need to worry in the future.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:18 AM

Thanks papa...
Hated to reschedule but my wife was hired in at Nationwide and they weren't thrilled about her takin a week off. She temped there almost two years and worked her butt off to get in!! You can always go kruzin but jobs are hard to come by these days...
Glad you all had a great time!! We're lookin forward to Sept 09, same kruze, only we'll be sailin the Freedom.

Closed Thread