Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2006, 12:50 PM

I'm half excited half scared. We've booked a RCC to the eastern caribbean. We are both 21 and from Wales, England. Do you think we are going to be out of it for our age group. My partner is a chef and I'm a hospital secretary. Can't help but think we won't have much to talk about with people at the table. Help!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:06 PM

Lyndsey,
You need not fear! There are people of all ages on cruises. On our first cruise a couple years ago, we were in our mid twenties. The cruise lines do a good job of grouping you with people of like age and interest at dinner. That's one of the best parts. They grouped us with other young couples who were either newly married, or didn't have kids yet. So, we had things in common. We were pleasantly surprised to become friends with our tablemates and we even did an excursion together. I think I HAVE heard that the late dinner tends to be those in their 20's and 30's and the early dinner tends to be people in their 40's and 50's or families with kids. I don't know if that is always so....does any other seasoned traveler know? Anyway - stay excited! It'll be fabulous.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:38 PM

Lyndsey,
No need to worry. Eastern Caribbean cruises draw a mixture of age ranges from early 20's to 60's. As alleyc indicated, RC does a good job of putting tables of contemporaries together. If you are unhappy with your tablemates on the first night, just go to the Maitre'd and explain your situation and you will definitely be sitting with people you want.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Ah yes, the seatings. Lyndsey, I can honestly tell you that with one exception we have had great tablemates on all of our cruises, which goes back to 1992. We have enjoyed some more than others, but generally everyone has gotten along well. We have had two memorable cruises just because of the tablemates. In the first case, it was two couples from Canada who were much older than us but we struck it off well and looked forward to seeing each other every day. They were wonderful! They were of Italian heritage and one night the two husbands serenaded the dining room with O Solo Mio. They got a standing ovation and our table got two bottles of wine! The most recent example was on the Carnival Legend last year, where we had a couple our age - along with their son who was close to our son's age. We all became great cruise buddies.

So - don't fret! In most cases it will work out. If it doesn't, just do as Nancy says and speak to the dining room management. They'll take care of it.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:45 AM

Thankyou everyone you've put my mind at rest. The only other thin I was wondering about was renting a tux. Does anyone know if they're nice or do the look like a rented tux (bad fit, obviously rented)?
Old 03-31-2006, 11:52 AM

You can go get measured at a local tuxedo shop then give the measurements to the onboard tuxedo shop. I think that is how they prefer it.

Closed Thread

Tags
age, reviews, speak