Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 09:47 AM

Does anyone know how the SeaTrek Scuba lessons are on board the Freedom? It is a little pricey and was wondering if it was worth the cost?

Does it include equipment to use?

Any information would be appreciated. I want to give this as a gift to my adult son while we are on the Freedom in October.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:47 PM

Hello. Well at one time I remembered if it included equipment, but I have forgotten. If you get it, make sure it is the 4 dive, not the 2 dive lesson. Only the 4 dive is the true PADI certification. The 2 dive is NOT a full certification, he will need 2 more dives to complete, for a total of 4 dives to be fully PADI certified. If I remember, you do the studying while on board, and then do 2 dives in one port and 2 more in another port. Anyways, I once had a very specific question, that the shore excursion desk could not answer. They actually had a guy who ran the scuba dive shop on the Explorer call me from the ship. I was able to ask him all my questions. I would try that if you need too. Call RCCL, ask for the shore excursion dept, and if they can't answer your questions, ask if someone can call you from the dive shop on board. What might be ideal, is if your son could do his studying and pass the written exam prior to getting on board the Freedom. Then, he can do his 4 dives (2 in each port), on your cruise. They did tell me they can do that. Any dive shop should be able to do the written exam, and then they give you a referrel to a dive shop, to do the dives. Hope this helps. I was on the Freedom last June, you will LOVE her. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-25-2007, 04:50 AM

Thanks Lil'Lori.......

What helps is that I am going on the Navigator in January and they offer it there too so maybe I can get some info on that ship. My son won't be with me for the Navigator cruise.

That is a good idea about doing the studying at home before the cruise...who wants to do homework while on the ship??

Thought it would be a great Christmas gift since he lives in Florida and could go diving down there after the cruise too!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:31 PM

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
board, caribbean, cruise, lessons, offer, onboard, review, reviews, royal, scuba, sea, seatrek, ships, suba, trek