Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2004, 09:38 AM

Terrible Trip, Won't go back
Old 02-14-2004, 09:38 AM

Terrible Trip, Won't go back
Old 02-14-2004, 03:51 PM

Hi!

You are welcome to share any cruise experience - whether good or not - with the online community. But please understand that one thread should be enough to do so. Repetitive threads with no new information whatsoever will be deleted.

This is treated in the very same way when somebody posts several identical positive messages as well, by the way.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-15-2004, 05:44 PM

Oh no - I'm going in 5 weeks. Tell me more!
Old 02-18-2004, 08:54 AM

What really happened on the evening of the 23rd of January when I saw water in the window of the dining room and glasses and dsishes flew all over the place and the noise and shaking of the ship scared us all into never taking another cruise?
www.EdgarMarty@aol.com
Old 02-18-2004, 01:29 PM

Hi Edgar,

from the February 1st issue of Cruising & Beyond:

quote:
Passengers and crew aboard Royal Caribbean International's "Serenade of the Seas" startled by a sudden list of the ship, as it carried out a steering test. The list, up to 13.5 degrees at its maximum, caused damage by breaking china and glassware. In addition water from the Solarium pool caused a short circuit in a wall outlet, creating some smoke. Royal Caribbean blames a misunderstanding between members of the ship's staff for the incident. 28 passengers and crew were injured, none of them seriously.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-18-2004, 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jennis:
Oh no - I'm going in 5 weeks. Tell me more!

Have you been on the Serenade of the Seas yet - we're going Feb 28 - Mar 6?
Old 02-19-2004, 07:33 AM

I sailed on Jan. 31st with a group of 12. It is a beautiful ship: R.C. has done a very poor job with staffing and with the entertainment on board. Our group would not recommend this ship!!! The food was terrible in Windjammers and just ok in the main dinning. I have put in a complaint to R.C and I have not gotten a response back.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:26 PM

I am in shock about all of the negative reviews. I was on the Serenade for the Jan 17 cruise and despite the listing incident which was pretty scary, I decided to stay on for the Jan 24 and Jan 31 cruises as well. I had one of the best vacations of my life.!!!! I only experienced one person being rude and he was being helpful it was just his tone of voice that took me back a bit, ( but I got over it!) because everyone else on the ship was so nice and many people seemed to go out of their way to do that little extra. I could go on and on about how nice the crew was to me and my daughter. I am sure it helped that I had a cute little two year old that everyone talked to and then my staying on was a conversation starter with many of the crew, as well as the bonding experience of ship listing incident. Bringing that up always started up a good conversation.

My stateroom attendent on Deck 7, Nayomon from Indonesia was very nice. He would give extra chocolates to my daughter. When we changed decks for weeks two and three, each time he spoke to the stateroom attendent on that floor and made sure that we were well taken care of and had lotions and a bathrobe put in our room. We'd often go down and say hello after dinner and he would play with my daughter and give her chocolates. For doing three cruises he arranged it so that my daughter could get this child sized carry on with the Adventure Ocean logo on it. She loved it and brought it with her everywhere the rest of the cruise. Our waiter Ismail from Turkey was the best!! He was very nice and really wanted to make sure that we had a great dining experience. He has a daughter at home a little older than my daughter so he took really good care of her. We kept him as our waiter for our second and third cruises and after a while we didn't even have to order. We would just go in the dining room and he would serve us something immediately and it was just what I had wanted to order. Amazing. A few times my daughter fell asleep at dinner and he went out of his way to get some of the linen table cloths for her and made a little bed for her so I could enjoy the rest of my dinner. Marc from Australia in the Windjammer was very nice also. Whenever I went up there in the afternoon or evening and they were no longer serving juice he would get some for my daughter. On our last morning when we were up in the Windjammer getting breadfast, he asked me what I wanted to eat. He brought it to us minutes later. He even went to the omlet station and had an omlet made to order for me. Very nice!!! Rick in the Crown and Anchor lounge was also very helpful. When I needed to call my airline to change my flight he went out of his way to get a crew phone card so I wouldn't have to pay $7.95 a minute. Guest relations did end up giving me a complimentary call.

I just have to say that I can't believe people didn't like the entertainment. Someone said that they had seen better talent in high school. Jeez. Everyone I talked to thought that the entertainment was great. I guess that's why the whole theater gave many of the performances standing ovations. I thought that the costumes and sets were outstanding and the performances great as well. You are on a cruise in the middle of winter, what is there to complain about.?

I guess this thread is like that thread 'what is your least favorite island' Everyone has their own opinion and while one person can have a great experience another will have
an absolutely horrible one on the same ship or on the same island. I can't imagine having a horrible experience on a cruise unless you are looking for reasons to complain. Again, you are on a cruise for crying out loud, in the winter away from the cold what more can a person ask for? The food I thought was great. I have had better or maybe it was just eating from the same menu for three weeks, but when someone is serving me and I don't have to cook what is there to complain about. I heard one lady complain about the ship and I couldn't believe it. She said that the food was like Denny's food, the dining room staff weren't in sync, there weren't enough elevators and the rooms were too small. I told some other people about her comments and they thought that that was ridiculous. They thought the food and the service was excellent, and even loved their interior cabin as they had gotten the best sleep in years. Some people are easier to please I guess.

I loved having the opportunity to meet people from different countries. I think if you are nice, the crew will be nice. If you strike up a conversation with them, they will be more than happy to talk to you. When I hear how some act toward the crew it isn't any wonder that they may not be outwardly friendly, though I never found that to be the case. One of the dining room staff was asking me how I was enjoying myself and I said that I was having a great time and that everyone was so nice. He said to me "because you are nice" I asked '"that makes a difference'" and he said "yes". That is just human nature, if you are nice to someone they will be nice to you. I can't wait to cruise again and would go on the Serenade in a heartbeat.

Closed Thread

Tags
135, 2004, aboard, degrees, incident, list, meeting, people, seas, serenade