Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 04:17 PM

We called RC for 2 reasons the other day- One was to request a rebate on the room price droping $20 a person- no biggy but with 5 of us it would be a little bar money. They said no since I looked it went up $130. I don't believe that and haven't seen that posted anywhere on the website. On top of that we requested my husbands Anchor membership thing...And since he sailed before 97 HE has to prove he was on their ship. If they didn't keep records why should he have to do that? He was a young adult and his dad has all that stuff and lives in another country. Neither was a huge deal..but still I expected a little more helpfulness. I hope the trip isn't as non interested.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 04-05-2007, 04:17 PM

We called RC for 2 reasons the other day- One was to request a rebate on the room price droping $20 a person- no biggy but with 5 of us it would be a little bar money. They said no since I looked it went up $130. I don't believe that and haven't seen that posted anywhere on the website. On top of that we requested my husbands Anchor membership thing...And since he sailed before 97 HE has to prove he was on their ship. If they didn't keep records why should he have to do that? He was a young adult and his dad has all that stuff and lives in another country. Neither was a huge deal..but still I expected a little more helpfulness. I hope the trip isn't as non interested.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 04-05-2007, 05:18 PM

Don't let these minor things bother you. If you start out thinking negative, then things will continue to be negative. You will look for minor things. Have a happy cruise.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 PM

Shelby, the price dropping can also be tricky. Just because the website shows the price "from" a lower amount than you paid, that doesn't actually mean all the prices dropped. If you have a larger cabin(s) (which it sounds like you do since you have 5 people) then your cabing price probably did not drop. The price drop is used to fill the "left over" cabins. The larger cabins that hold a hold family sell out quickly.

I did the same thing as you when I saw our cruise price drop. I called them up and that is what they told me. I did get some discount but not as much as I thought I was going to get. But still, it was enough that I was glad I called. In your case it just did work out.

And as far as the C&A membership goes, They don't have record before 97. CCL didn't have our honeymoon cruise in their records and said if we could come up with a ticket stub we could get credit. Luckily, since it was our honeymoon, we still had our Cruise ID card (was called sign and sail then) and a picture of us getting on the ship! You really can't expect them to take everyone's word that they sailed on them in the past (although 97 seems a bit short leashed. CCL has records back to at least 95 and the Honeymoon cruise was in 90.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-06-2007, 11:51 AM

Shelby, I agree that the price-drop thing can be tricky. Often, on RCI's web site, they'll tell you the price of a cruise, but it's not until you're almost finished with the booking process (even if you don't plan to book online) do they add in all the appropriate taxes and fees, so you can see the "real" price.

Also, a price drop usually just applies to the first and second person in each cabin, so passengers #3-5, who paid a reduced fare to begin with, are often excluded from any price drop.

Sandy
Old 04-06-2007, 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
Don't let these minor things bother you. If you start out thinking negative, then things will continue to be negative. You will look for minor things. Have a happy cruise.

Amen to that!

Closed Thread