Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM

We are leaving on the "Navigator" Feb. 14th. After reading all the reviews what are the chances of our luggage not being delivered to our cabin before departure? Everyone has said to take items needed for dinner, etc. in your carry-on! AND.... after the cruise we are going to Key West and not catching a flight. Do we still need to have our luggage outside our door the night before as we can take it ourselves?
Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 AM

There's no guarantee what time your luggage will be delivered. They will have about 8000 plus pieces of luggage to deliver. It is recommended to have a change of clothes in your carry on bag. They are lax with the dress code on the first night because they know many might not have their luggage yet.

If you can carry off all your own luggage you don't have to set it outside the door the night before.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:47 AM

Thank you for the "heads up"! Have fun on your cruise in 8 days! I am also counting the days til 2/14/09. Can't wait. VERY ANXIOUS! We are first time cruisers!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 PM

jjkendrik, you should be "VERY ANXIOUS". You'll be sailing on one of my favorite ships. I'll be returning from my cruise a day after you leave on yours. Not to worry about dress code on the first night. I've already worn shorts because my luggage wasn't deliver early enough for the first seating. Chances are you will get your luggage delivered to your stateroom in time.

Sonny
Old 01-22-2009, 02:29 PM

Thanks Sonny for the "heads up"! We weren't sure what to wear from the hotel in Ft.Lauderdale to the ship. We are going a day early and staying inFt.Lauderdale because the weather came be real "iffy" in Illinois in February! St.Louis Mo too!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:10 PM

My husband and I cruised in January 2008 on the Grandeur, and they would not let us carry our own luggage off the ship. We usually love this option because it is so much faster, but we had to wait with everyone else.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 PM

I will be taking swimsuits, a change of clothes, and misc. personal items in my carry on so that we have them as soon as we get on the ship. On our first 2 cruises, we didn't take anything like that with us and had to wait around to get them. I feel like you waste that first afternoon on the ship without your swimsuit and things. That's just me though.

Majesty of the Seas - Jan. 2011
Majesty of the Seas - Feb. 2009
Sovereign of the Seas - Feb. 2008
Majesty of the Seas - Nov. 2007

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, delivered, luggage, time