Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 05:55 PM

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GOING ON OUR FIRST CRUISE AFTER A WEEKS VACATION IN ORLAND. WE BOARD ON
3-16-08 FOR 7 DAYS EASTERN CARIBBEAN.

SCARED TO DEATH NOT ABOUT CRUISE IN GERERAL NUT HAVING THE RIGHT DOCS.

WE HAD THE CHANCE TO GO WITHOUT OUR 4 CHILDREN ,DECISSION CAME UP RATHER QUICKLY
ONLY HAVE PLANNED TO 1 MTH , I HAVE BEEN READING THE BAD EXPERIENCES ON HERE , I CALLED RC ABOUT BIRTH CERT CAUSE WE DID NOT HAVE TIME FOR PASSPORT ,WE BOTH HAVE CERTIFIED COPIES OF THEM WITH RAISED SEAL , BUT MINE HAS MAIDEN NAME ON IT , MY LICENSE HAS MARRIED NAME ON IT , I HOPE IT IS GOING TO BE OK.

ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW :

WHEN YOU DOCK AT SAN JUAN AND ST MAARTEN ,DO YOU GET OFF RIGHT ON LAND ,AND ARE THERE THINGS TO DO WITH IN WALKING DISTANCE , WE DID NOT BUY LAND EXCURSIONS BECAUSE WE WANTED TO SEE WHAT ELSE THERE IS TO DO ON OUR OWN

ANY TIPS

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Old 02-27-2008, 05:06 AM

newcruiser2 - You should be OK as long as the BC is certified. You might want to take a copy of your marriage license along as well. What did RC say when you called them?

As for San Juan, if you are docked in Old San Juan (which I think you are) you can walk right off the ship to San Cristobal and El Morro. Old San Juan is a wonderful area to explore. If you like to walk, you will love this port. Enjoy! (Sorry, can't help you with St. Maarten)
Old 02-27-2008, 06:32 AM

Hi NewCruiser2, welcome to Cruise-Chat. For future posts, please don't use all caps, on the internet it means that you're yelling. You will be able to walk off the ships in both ports you mentioned. There is some shopping in St. Maarten in walking distance and a beach that isn't too far. In either port, there are plenty of taxis available to take you anywhere you would like to go. I agree with moonie, you'd be safer to take your marriage license with you as well. If you expedite your passports, you might be able to get them in time. If not, you will be needing them in the future for all forms of travel out of the country, so it's best to go ahead and get them. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:49 AM

Hello newcruiser2, welcome to Cruise-Chat!

When you type in all caps, it means you're shouting... .

The Mariner is one of my favorite ships. You're going to be in awe when you get aboard. Making sure you have the right documents is simple ... just go to RCCL's web site and move your cursor over the "BEFORE YOU BOARD" and click on "On line check-in". Just follow instructions. There will be other information on documents on the site.

You will be docking at a pier in St. Maarten and San Juan. As a first time cruiser, you will be overwhelmed with all the exciting thing to do. Don't miss the ice show! It's free, but you need to get a ticket; there will be announcements on when and where to get the tickets.

Sonny
Old 02-27-2008, 08:40 AM
El Morro in San Juan is really worth the time to go there...The ship should dock within walking distance of the both forts. It's about a 2 mile uphill walk to the Fort but there is shopping most of the way....There is a ships tour of both San Cristobol and El Morro so you may want to take a look at that...but a cab ride is only $4 each to get there on your own...St. Maartan has a French side and a Dutch side....so there are many good tours to take....Have a Grand time and you will be back for more cruises in the future....It's addicting...

Happy Cruising,

Bob E
Old 02-27-2008, 05:44 PM

Sorry I didnt mean to yell. Thank you for all of your advise. I never new there were so many people willing to take you in under their wing. once again thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by moonie:
newcruiser2 - You should be OK as long as the BC is certified. You might want to take a copy of your marriage license along as well. What did RC say when you called them?

As for San Juan, if you are docked in Old San Juan (which I think you are) you can walk right off the ship to San Cristobal and El Morro. Old San Juan is a wonderful area to explore. If you like to walk, you will love this port. Enjoy! (Sorry, can't help you with St. Maarten)
Old 02-27-2008, 05:44 PM

Sorry I didnt mean to yell. Thank you for all of your advise. I never new there were so many people willing to take you in under their wing. once again thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Berick1234:
El Morro in San Juan is really worth the time to go there...The ship should dock within walking distance of the both forts. It's about a 2 mile uphill walk to the Fort but there is shopping most of the way....There is a ships tour of both San Cristobol and El Morro so you may want to take a look at that...but a cab ride is only $4 each to get there on your own...St. Maartan has a French side and a Dutch side....so there are many good tours to take....Have a Grand time and you will be back for more cruises in the future....It's addicting...

Happy Cruising,

Bob E
Old 02-27-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Hello newcruiser2, welcome to Cruise-Chat!

When you type in all caps, it means you're shouting... .

The Mariner is one of my favorite ships. You're going to be in awe when you get aboard. Making sure you have the right documents is simple ... just go to RCCL's web site and move your cursor over the "BEFORE YOU BOARD" and click on "On line check-in". Just follow instructions. There will be other information on documents on the site.

You will be docking at a pier in St. Maarten and San Juan. As a first time cruiser, you will be overwhelmed with all the exciting thing to do. Don't miss the ice show! It's free, but you need to get a ticket; there will be announcements on when and where to get the tickets.

Sonny
Old 03-29-2008, 02:37 PM

You said you went on the Mariner, how was that ship?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:02 PM

Yes, how was it? I leave on the Mariner on Sunday!

Booked on:
Adventure OTS, 4/09

Closed Thread