Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2004, 07:01 AM

My hubby and I are getting ready for our first cruise and have hundreds of questions. One being is it better to pay the $11 to RCC to pick us up at the airport, or take a taxi from the airport?

We know that that everyone wil know how to get to the dock, but will it be cheaper w/the taxi?
Old 08-04-2004, 07:01 AM

My hubby and I are getting ready for our first cruise and have hundreds of questions. One being is it better to pay the $11 to RCC to pick us up at the airport, or take a taxi from the airport?

We know that that everyone wil know how to get to the dock, but will it be cheaper w/the taxi?
Old 08-04-2004, 09:03 PM

In order to answer your question, we need to know your arrival airport and what port your ship will be leaving from.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-05-2004, 12:15 PM

I always use a taxi to the ship. It is much less hassle and more efficient. You can make sure that your luggage gets on the ship and you can time your arrival at the crusie terminal to one of the first to board the ship.

Even if it cost more, it is worth it. However, assuming it is just your two, it will be less expensive to take a taxi to boot in MIA or FLL.

Enjoy your first cruise!

Tom
Old 08-05-2004, 12:42 PM

I always prefer private transportation because the shuttle takes longer. You have to wait for the shuttle busses to fill up, then all the luggage is stowed and by then I could already be at the port. Plus you aren't getting to the port at exactly the same time as a shuttle group, often making check-in quicker.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:03 AM

I vote for taxi, we generally go in a nite early and stay at a hotel that has a shuttle, this gets us to the hotel, and then gets us to the ship the next morning, and then we take a taxi from the ship to the airport for the return trip.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:57 AM

In
quote:

We will arrive via Northwest Airlines around Noon in Ft. Lauderdale (that's our port as well).
Old 08-09-2004, 10:48 AM

If you are arriving in Fort Lauderdale and going to Port Everglades, MOST DEFINITELY just grab a cab. The cost for two of you will be less than the total cost for the shuttle service and as everyone has said, It is much faster and efficient!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-16-2004, 06:06 AM

We have done both, and I would not go on the shuttle again. It is so much easier to just get a cab.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:39 AM

Thanks. I am so glad I found this forum for information. You all have been a huge help.

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, cab, caribbean, cruise, everglades, fll, ft, lauderdale, mietwagenstation, port, rcc, royal, shuttle, taxi, terminal, versus, vs