Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 08:21 PM

Looking to leave from Port Canaveral either Sep 16 or 30 to the Eastern Caribbean. Anyone done this cruise in the past? I am nervous to travel in September due to bad tropical weather. Also, any info on the ship or ports? Cococay, St Thomas and St Martin
Old 03-24-2007, 10:29 AM

Mandi - I have done several cruises in September. I have left out of Port Canaveral for the Eastern Caribbean and the Western Caribbean on the Glory two years in a row. I have not encountered any bad weather...but of course that is no guarantee. St. Thomas and St. Maarten have fantastic weather at that time.
Hope this helps!

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 03-24-2007, 02:50 PM

Obviously you need to remember that it's hurricane season. I would highly recommend cruise insurance. You can look at a lot of policies on www.insuremytrip.com.
As for the three port stops, they are all great. Coco Cay is RCL's private island. It is a great place to snorkel, swim, play volleyball, or just relax. They provide lunch and you can buy drinks with your cruise card. There are also some shops for typical Bahamas type stuff that you may want to take cash for (if you are interested).
St. Thomas is also great. Great for shopping. If you like beaches, Megan's Bay is one of the top 10 rated beaches in the world. You can either arrange a tour there or take a cab or rent a car. If you are planning on buying alcohol, go to A.H.Reese. You can buy all you want and they deliver to the ship. You will have to clear customs when you return, but he duty isn't bad. I brought 22 bottles and only $26 in duty.
St. Martin is my favorite. You can rent cars at the port and tour the island. There are lots of nice beaches. Orient Bay is a great place to swim. It is on the French side so go with the knowledge that swim suits are optional. There is a great bar, the Bikini Beach Bar, that you can get a drink or eat. If you rent a car, stop in Marigot. It is the capital of the French side and a neat place to see. There is also Simpson Bay by the airport. If you are there during landings you can stand on the beach and have planes fly about 50 feet over your head. Go up on www.airliners.net and on the left side under "Most Popular" select "of all time." The first pic is an Air France landing in St. Martin over Simpson Bay. It's not retouched. If you are there late in the day you can watch the planes land.
Anyway, its a great itinerary with lots to do. Have fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
2007, mariner, seas