Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 11:05 AM

Anyone Going to Mexican Riviera on Vision of the Seas 12/21/07 - 12/28/07?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Hello there,

Not sure if I am going then but just got back from that cruise/ship and loved it. Let me know if you have any questions. I suggest the sea lion snorkel.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:39 PM

Hey KatinkaClementsmith: We're leaving on the Vision on 1/29/07. Happy to see a recent post for the vision.

What port was the sea lion snorkel? What was your favorite ship entertainment/show?
What was your favorite evening meal?
How was the weather?
Were the seas calm?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Hello Two Year,

Sea was calm except on the last day. Waves were bigger and I hardly noticed much but my daugther felt queazy and I noticed they hung seasick bags all over the boat.

The sea lion snorkel was in Puerto Vallarta. It was by far the best part of our vacation. The brochure didn't say much about it, so I will. First there was a boat trip about an hour long to a private beach. This was a paradise. After being milding impressed with the other ports this knocked our socks off. The forest came right down onto the beach. Apparently the beach was shared with people who did a diving excursion and others who did just a beach excusion. On the boat over we could make reservations for a massage or facial while we were there. I would recommend either. I got the facial only $25 for a half an hour, or $50 for an hour, and my husband got the massage. Better than what we got on board and just a fraction of the price. My daughter used the free snorkel gear there and did a guided snorkle tour that was included in the price. The sea lion snorkle was simply swimming in the water with a single sea lion but it was great. We swam out to a boat with our snorkle gear on. A short swim but we were secluded from the other snorkelers. We did tricks and feed the sea lions and they took pictures. Later the pictures were for sale for $15 each or $10 each for 5 or more. They keep the group small so even if your shy you get to spend plenty of time with this freindly guy.

After a good long time out there with the sea lion we returned just in time for a guided nature walk through the forest. Then there was an included, and tastly buffet. Last they had monkeys, parrots and snakes we could take pictures with at no additional charge. This tour is great for nature lovers, animal lovers,and relaxation lovers. I loved that all the additional things were included. It was worth the heafty price tag. It can be reserved online ahead of time.

Apparently rhythm of the nights also took place on this island. Had I know that we would of booked that as well. Instead we took a nice tour of the canopy and city.

As far as favorite meals the lamb chops were very good as was the tenderloin on the first night. The steaks were generally passable or worse. The duck was good and I never tried a dessert on board I didn't like.

Closed Thread