Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2003, 09:40 AM

I travelled on Explorer in the past and am leaving on Sat. ( april 19, 2003) on the Grandeur.

One of the ladies in our cabin brought a mixer that worked off betteries, very lite weight and very convenient. We all brought sports bottles and we were able to mix our own drinks. You can pack the mixes and they will not be confiscated since they do not contain alcohol. Be aware that they will probably check your carry on more closely for alcohol. We also used these bottles to put ice tea, water with lemon, etc. at no cost. We also brought "shooter tubes" which can be purchased at Sams and can be used to make drinks. 5 per 4 drinks.

These are easy to pack.

Also, at breakfast, we got extra dry cerealin the individual boxes and used these when we went snorkeling and for snacks. You can also used these as trades for shopping on the private island such a Labadee since these are hard to come by for the natives.

just some information.

have a great trip.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:30 PM

Are the drink cards for children on rcci unlimited drinks?I have two teenagers, their good for 5 aday if I let them. Also my travel agent told me she filled avian bottles with clearvodka,rum anything clear.

mary-ellen
Old 06-04-2003, 07:51 PM

If you are willing to drink bottom shelf liquor then the drink card is a good purchase, unless of course you drink beer - then it isn't because you can buy a beer pretty reasonably.

I'm going to tell you to drink as much as you can off the ship and limit your intake on the ship. When I took my cruise I did bring a bottle on the ship so I could have a drink in my room before dinner. Some say you can't do this, but I had no problems getting a bottle on the ship.

My husband is a soda drinker and I will tell you his soda card was a smart buy! We also brought on soda. They don't say you can't. They only say no alcohol, but I've been told this is illegal of them. Not sure that it is, but you are paying some good money (us $6,000) so I think they made enough off of us!
Old 06-05-2003, 07:44 AM

Let me clarify the drink card delema. There are non alcoholic drink stickers which include soda's, all you can drink....they cost $40.00 for the week approximately per person, they put a coke sticker on the back of your sail and sign card and all you do is show it. Then there are alcoholic drink cards available as well. They are 12 drinks on a punch card and you get it punched for each drink. Royal Caribbean has a policy of being able to purchase booze in their duty free and for a $10.00 surcharge you can take it to your room. Better off to bring a very large glass with you, purchase the soda card and mix your own. We did this on the Navigator in Jan and it was well worth the savings per drink in the bar. Hope this helps! :0)
Old 06-05-2003, 10:09 AM

We recently went on the Adventure to the Southern Caribbean. Royal Caribbean no longer offers the alcoholic beverage drink card. They still offer the Coke Card and a non-achoholic beverage card, but all alcoholic beverages must be purchased individually. Sorry.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:02 PM

My husband & I went on our first cruise Majesty Of The Seas 10/02. I purchased the soda card. I thought it was well worth it. The only thing is, if your a big soda drinker like me is you make a lot of trips to the bar. They give you small glasses that only hold about 6oz after they put in all of the ice. My husband & I both used my one card. They really don't keep track. I also brought one of the Coco Loco glasses back on board from Coco Cay and had no problem getting it filled the rest of the cruise. It was bigger than the glasses they give you.

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, card, cards, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cost, drink, enchantment, inclusive, liquor, rccl, royal, seas, soda