Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 08:19 AM

Hi This is only our second cruise. We live in Tampa, Fl and have sailed on Carnival Miracle for spring break 05. We are a family of four kids 8 and 12 and just booked a Eastern Carib. cuise on Mariner for spring break (exact same time as our last cruise). We were going back and forth on rooms and ended up booking a GS room 1298. We were back and forth on if we should go for the JS or GS. However the only JS's available were aft deck 6 and 7. Also my wife liked the idea that with as packed with families as it is during spring break having concierge service may come in handy. All things considered is the GS worth the extra money from the JS? Will the concierge service come in handy for show tickets, restaurant reservations, skate/rock climbing/minature golf/in-line skating times. My wife and I also like fine dining so we plan to take advantage of at least one if not both of the premium restaurants. I also have the choice of GS 1248 and 1252, is 1298 the best choice? Also I know from Carnival that the shore trips booked through the ships were a rip-off. While in St. Thomas and St. Martin can I just get off the ship and take a taxi to shopping and to the beach? How safe is venturing in those 2 islands on your own? THANKS in advance for any help you may offer

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, excursion, maarten, mariner, room, royal, seas, shoretrips, st