Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 07:00 AM

Sovereign of the Seas cabin 5534 will we feel lost of motion or pretty good.Nassau what is the best excurssion and also can we go visit the ATLANTIS on our own or have to pay for excurssion. Thanks pdidee@gmail.com
Old 01-10-2006, 07:08 AM

Motion really depends on the seas. When I cruised the Majesty in May of 2003 we didn't feel anything. In Nassau we went to Atlantis on our own. It was ok. If I went again I would go to Paradise Beach instead. Make sure to stop off at Senor Frogs for some fun!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:09 AM

Is there an excurssion for paradise beach.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:23 PM

A lot of the interesting parts of the Atlantis hotel on Paradise Island, such as the outdoor aquarium and "caves," have been closed off to visitors and available only to hotel guests. Visitors are limited to the main parts of the hotel, which also includes an aquarium.

I'm told that if you take the tour that includes the Atlantis Hotel, they take you to see the outside areas of the hotel.

Sandy
Old 01-10-2006, 12:32 PM

Sandy, that's what we thought when we paid the $25pp for the tour. But its not true. We got to go into the "Dig" but didn't get to see the pools, slides etc. I also though we'd get to use their beach but wrong again. Unless your staying there I don't think its worth the time.

If Paradise Island doesn't have a tour, all you have to do is hop a cab. They are waiting along the street when you get there.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:33 PM

We've been to Nassau three times and I like to go to the straw market but in October I noticed the prices were much higher than the prices in Western Carribean ports. It wasn't sunny the last time we went but I heard that swimming with the Dolphins and the Blue Lagoon was great.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 01-10-2006, 06:34 PM

We went on our own, and we thought looking at all the rays and sharks in the free part of the aquirium, was well worth it. Also if you couple that with a few hands of blackjack, you cant go wrong for the price. Free...
When you take the water taxis over to paradise island, be sure grab a frozen drink at the dock when you get across to paradise island, they were great, and cheap too.
When in town, obviously walking around and shopping is fun, but make sure you go to Conch Fritters restaraunt and bar to sample some fritters and chowder. Second to none. Go just for those and you'll come out with a smile on your face. Well maybe that was caused by a few Kalik's (Bahamian Beer) I had but,anyways, we enjoyed Nassau without spending a fortune, and the people were very friendly.

Newkie
Old 01-10-2006, 07:32 PM

We just came back from Nassau in November and we went to Paradise Beach for the day. It was awesome. Much better than the other side of the island. Nice waves and beautiful water. We took a water taxi for 6 bucks, and spent the day on the free beach right next to the RIU Paradise Island. Its about a 10 minute walk from where the water taxi drops you off. Just head for Atlantis and you will see the "Public Beach" sign. Lounge chairs were $10. and vendors come around with snacks and drinks. or you can take a cab for around $10. Very nice.

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantis, drinks, excurssion, lunch