Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 01:31 PM
ok but it happen to him with RCCL
And besides is only my opinion
you can beg to differ and I respect that
I can understand this is pointless fight...
Old 02-10-2008, 02:52 PM

You're right. Alfred should take his business elsewhere. I'm sure if he does, Royal Caribbean will learn their lesson and NEVER do this again.

Sandy
Old 02-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Let me relate a personal experience...

Back in the late 1990's there was a TV series (which flopped) called "Love Boat, The Next Wave". Remember that as I go through this.

In 1997 we were booked on the Sun Princess on our first cruise with Princess Cruises. A while after I had booked the cruise my agent called me and said the TV show production company had decided to film episodes on my cruise. She said there were not enough open cabins and Princess was bumping people off the cruise to make room for the TV people and the stars of the show. She said since I was quite low on the totem pole with Princess - first cruise with them and we also had an inside cabin - and that I might be bumped. They were offering incentives to loyal customers though, and enough people took the payoff and re-booked a later cruise, so we were not impacted. Bottom line for me is that I wouldn't have gotten any benefits other than my full refund and a credit towards another cruise.

Business is business, and don't ever think that a corporation has some sort of moral obligation to anyone other than the stock holders.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
You're right. Alfred should take his business elsewhere. I'm sure if he does, Royal Caribbean will learn their lesson and NEVER do this again.

Sandy
ok I don't want to start a fight on this I can respect your opinion I only ask the same...
Old 02-11-2008, 07:37 AM

Casanova, we do respect your opinion. When Royal Caribbean imposed the fuel surcharge without warning I was seriously thinking of canceling my transatlantic cruise. It wasn't the extra $140 I had to dish out, it was the way RCCL handled it. I feld I deserved more consideration from a cruise line I've been very loyal to. I told myself: I'll show them, I'll cancel and book a cruise on Princess just before the final payment comes due. But, after I cooled down a bit, I realized how silly it was to think my canceling would make any difference to Royal Caribbean. They have tens of thousands of customers, and my cancellation would only hurt myself, not RC. I was the one with an attitude, not the cruise line. Well, I'm going our transatlantic cruise, and I'm glad I changed my attitude instead of cruise lines. It's my opinion that Alfred needs an attitude adjustment; I hope you can respect that.

Sonny
Old 02-11-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
ok I don't want to start a fight on this I can respect your opinion I only ask the same...
I do respect your opinion. I only ask that, if this ever happens to you, you ask yourself if Royal Caribbean will be hurt more or if you and your family will be hurt more if you take your business to a cruise line you may have decided was less appropriate, which is why you went to Royal Caribbean in the first place.

If using a different cruise line makes the family feel better emotionally, that's fine. Voting with our feet is one of the great pleasures of our market place.

Sandy
Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 PM

You will love the Mariner. I think at this point I would be grateful to miss sister and darling little ones, but have very little time for people who would disregard my $1400, or an elderly persons $$ as well. We have been on the Mariner and she is our favorite ship so far. We are paying through the nose to go on the Liberty as we had a specific week in mind, wanted to go west, and wanted a quad room. I would have been very content to go on the Mariner again. I am certain I will love the Liberty, perhaps even more, but am going to have to stifle the urge to remember the couple extra hundreds she is costing. Alas, I am an addict and every dime spent is longer until I can afford to indulge again.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cancelled, caribbean, carribean, charter, cruise, cruises, family, fort, lauderdale, plan, rccl, reunion, reunions, royal, ruined, things