Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 04:02 PM

Good Evening everyone! I'm so happy I stumbled onto this site as our first cruise is just around the corner and I was hoping you could enlighten us.

What are the best excursions, in your opinion, to take while at Cococay and Nassau? We are sailing out on Souverien on 4/18 and the couples going with us are all split on what we should do and from what I've read, the $105 day at Atlantis is a waste of money because the place is a zoo. What about the glass boat boats in Cococay or the Parasailing? Are they worth the cost? Is the snorkeling better in Cococay or Nassau?

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:40 AM

Hi Crissy_Cakes, welcome to Cruise-Chat. There is no need to take the excursion over to Atlantis, just grab a cab. It is definitely worth seeing. There is a public beach adjacent to Atlantis that is very nice. I believe the name of the beach is Cabbage Beach. I haven't snorkeled there, so can't tell you if it's good or not. Coco Cay is their private island, so there is no need to purchase an excursion unless you want to take the glass bottom boat or do parasailing. If you have your own equipment, you could try snorkeling in both places. I enjoy snorkeling everywhere we go, but we have our own masks and tubes. My hubby brings his fins, I don't mess with them. Hope this helps a little. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:33 AM

hey crissy-cakes,
I was just (on a cruise) at Cococay and Nassau in January. Both Islands are great!

The Soverien Of the Seas was docked at Nassau the same time we came in, and that ship looked awesome!

For Cococay, we bought the "snornel at your leisure" package. It was a bit too chilly to be in the water at that time, so we wound up just enjoying the beach and layed out on the beach chairs. We didnt use the equipment. RC gave us a refund for not using the equipment. SO, that worked out well for us.

We did see people parasailing, and that looked like fun! I know there are plenty of other things to do, but we just enjoyed the beach.

In Nassau, we took a 4 dollar cab ride to the Atlantis, and walked around the grounds. Its very big, and beautiful. When you get to the Atlantis, ask someone where Cabbage Beach is. (they will direct you to the Beach Towers, where you can exit the Atlantis, walk half a block, and enter the public beach through the RIU hotel) The cab driver advised us not to buy the Atlantis day pass. All beaches are public, and your basically just paying to walk through the Atlantis. Its not worth it.

We had a great time at both of these ports!

Enjoy!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:36 AM

Hi Again,

Forgot to mention - if you can bring your own snorkel equipment, I would do that!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:03 AM

Crissy_cakes, welcome to cruise chat. I just came back from the Coco cay and nassau on the Sovereign. I would do Atlantis as people have suggested taking a taxi and then snorkling at Cabbage beach. I would also recommend going to the straw market to do a little shopping. My wife really enjoys that. At Coco Cay, parasailing is around $75 dollars for around 6 min or air. The rest of the time you are waiting for other people to get their time before coming back to the beach. There is also waverunners which if you get the first excursion the passenger is free. You could also try Kyaking. Or, you could always lay on the beach, snorkle, play some volleyball, do a water balloon toss, eat some barbeque and read a book which is what my wife and I did this last time. It was a great beach day. Casey the cruise director will be in vacation in April and May so you will have a different cruise director. You are going to have a great time. We did. Have fun, enjoy and get out there.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, bottom, cay, coco, cococay, cost, cruise, excursion, excursions, glass, nassau, parasail, parasailing, reviews, taking