Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2007, 09:55 PM

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise on (RC) Majesty Of The Seas Oct. 8th-12th. We have been on several Carnival Cruises and the dress code for the dinning room on Carnival is "supposed" to be business/formal but the rules are not inforced. HOW STRICT is Royal on their dress code for dinner? Just wondering how to pack. Any advise will help, thanks.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-29-2007, 09:55 PM

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise on (RC) Majesty Of The Seas Oct. 8th-12th. We have been on several Carnival Cruises and the dress code for the dinning room on Carnival is "supposed" to be business/formal but the rules are not inforced. HOW STRICT is Royal on their dress code for dinner? Just wondering how to pack. Any advise will help, thanks.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:48 AM

hello,

first off you love the majesty. was on her before the refurb and she was great. the rooms are small but workable. there will be one formal night on the cruise. a nice suit for the gentleman and a nice cocktail dress or gown for the lady will be fine. for the rest of the dinners dress as if you were eating at a nice resturant. i wore dress pants and a collared shirt and sometimes a sport coat. just don't wear shorts and t-shirts. i've seen quest wear jeans at dinner also. they looked kind of out of place. nights you don't want to get dressed up go to the windjammer!

as far as packing, you will not need as much as you think. half of the time you will be in swim attire! when boarding bring a carry-on bag with your swimsuit. we always get to the port by 11.00am or so. that way you can get checked in and eat lunch at the windjammer. at @1:00 you can go to your room and change and enjoy almost a extra day on board!

hope this helps!

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-01-2007, 01:21 PM

NOT.

Of course they have their recommendations, but Royal Caribbean does not enforce their dress code at all. Don't worry about being turned away for being underdressed.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:31 AM
I agree with Jillian, Royal Caribbean are not enforcing the dress code, however on formal nights everyone makes a big effort and EVERYONE is well dressed, however on smart casual nights, I wore a comfortable pair of jeans with a nice shirt a few nights and believe me there were plenty others, people dont have time to change when rushing in from shore excursions.

So dont worry dress up nice for the formal night and informal nights just be confortable, they're only worried about serving you on time and getting the place ready for the next sitting! Enjoy the Majesty
Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM

Not, just use common sense...and enjoy yourself.
Done it myself a dozen times, just on the AOS, no problem.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 10-04-2007, 06:07 PM

Thanks for all the advise. I'm sure we will have a good time. We always dress nice on formal night, I'm a sucker for the pictures they take.

Hope

Old 10-05-2007, 02:12 PM

Royal Caribbean doesn't seem to be that strict on the dress codes. I just got back from my very first cruise aboard the Majesty and loved it. I would book this cruise again in a heartbeat. For the casual nights I wore khakis and a low key button down shirt (from Old Navy, not too dressy), but there were a few guests that wore shorts and t-shirts for the casual nights to dinner in the dining room.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-06-2007, 08:24 AM

Well, looks like ALL goes. So guess we will be fine no matter what. We usually dress business casual except on formal night......now there was a time or two that my hubby did slip into a pair of jean with a nice shirt after one of our excersions when we were pressed for time, but usually we were within the guidelines set by the ship. Again, thanks to all for the advise and I'm sure we will have a blast.
Hope

Old 10-06-2007, 08:46 AM
While on the Voyager in January there were Jeans worn on Formal Night....they didn't stop them from eating.....I guess Jeans are formal to some people.....NCL has a new dress policy and it does include wearing of NICE jeans...times are a changing:-)..Happy Cruising..

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, celebrity, code, codes, cruise, dinner, dress, dresscode, line, lines, majesty, royal, seas, strict, thew