Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 03:21 PM

Saublewater, you have to try the dining room at least once. Go on the first night and meet your assigned tablemates if you have assigned seating. Then you can tell them your dining intentions (buffet) and they will have the mystery solved as to why there are empty chairs at the table. Casual pants/capris or summer skirt and a summer top (no halters) are nice. I am assuming you are a female (don't know why). Or shirt sleeved shirt and clean pants if you are a guy.

Dave, I had never considered eating in the dining room for breakfast. Is there a fixed menu? Is it served like a 3 course meal i.e. cut fruit, then eggs, then muffin? Or is it basically one plate of food?
I think I will try the dining room for breakfast on my next cruise. Gotta try everything that is reasonable at least once.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 09-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Go to Old Country Buffet if you want buffet food....Give the dining rooms all of your attention.....I like having someone waiting on me for almost every meal....it's probably the nicest part of a cruise.....Formal nights have really gotten to be Informal Nights...our last RCL cruise there were JEANS on formal night...guess that was formal dress for them...Be neat and nobody will stop you....Just have a great cruise....
Old 09-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooked-on-HAL:
Dave, I had never considered eating in the dining room for breakfast. Is there a fixed menu? Is it served like a 3 course meal i.e. cut fruit, then eggs, then muffin? Or is it basically one plate of food?
It is served by course, although many only get one course. But if you want the full monty then you'll have your fruit, your cereal, your eggs or pancakes, served one plate at a time.

One can also get a nicely presented plate of salmon, bagel, and cream cheese, along with the capers and onion. I like to get this at least once on a cruise.

I also really like poached eggs and you can't get them in the buffet. And of course, let's not forget the Eggs Benedict. My wife likes it. I prefer my poached eggs on toast with some crumbled bacon on them.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Administrator

We also enjoy having breakfast in the dining room. For us, it's a great, relaxing way to start the day. I stand in enough lines at home. We also find plenty from which to choose on the menu. Another advantage is that relatively few pax go there, so service is fantastic.

And, unlike dinner, you can wear shorts to the dining room -- no need to dress up for breakfast.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:06 PM

We have gone on a couple of short (3 night) cruises where we've eaten every meal at the buffet in the Windjammer. We liked the casual atmosphere and flexible timing. Now, however, we usually have breakfast and lunch at the buffet and dinner in the dining room when we travel by ourselves. There is something to be said for spending 90 minutes at dinner instead of 20.

Dave, I'm also an Eggs Benedict lover, but get it just once per cruise. It used to be on debarkation morning back when there was no buffet on the last morning. These days, we often take breakfast in le dining room once per cruise, just to see what it's like.

Sandy
Old 09-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Gotta love those Eggs Benedict....yummy...they had them every morning in the main dining room on the last RCL ship we were on....Buffets are generally good, but the main dining room is better...Happy sailing and happy eating...

Bob E
Old 09-16-2007, 04:31 AM

I know this may sound silly but I love Bran Flakes...it's my morning and night time snack food. Do you know if they have it on board as well I only drink Skim milk...is this available...anything other than skim gives me a bloated tummy

panabrite

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 AM

You eat bran morning and night, and it's the 1% milk that gives you the bloated tummy??

You can definitely get skim milk in the dining room and buffet. I'm sure I've seen bran flakes cereal as one of the many choices. I think you'll be ok!

Sandy
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Not silly at all. I like bran flakes too. Look at this menu from the dining room breakfast for Enchantment Of The Seas. This is the left side of the menu. The menu design has changed but the offerings haven't.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:57 AM

Thanks for the menu. I do see Bran Flakes as well as a few others I like as well...although the rest of the menu looks like it will suit my husband just fine!

panabrite

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bloated, buffet, cruise, cruising, dining, eating, menu, navigator, onley, seas, tipping