Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 04:43 AM

Just me again!

We are wanting to cruise in a very relaxed mode...we don't want to do any formal nights...at least we don't think so (YET). We would like to eat at the buffets only....is this something that's done often? Will we the only ones eating at the buffet at night?

Also if someone could shed the light on smart casual attire?

Last but not least because I'm sure I'll have more questions to pose...is it mandatory in some lounges or shows to wear a suit jacket?

Thanks

panabrite

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-15-2007, 06:02 AM

No, it isn't madatory to wear a jacket to the shows. As a matter of fact I'm sure you will see people dressed very casually. No, you will not be the only people eating up in the buffet area. Resort casual is something like a collared shirt and docker pants for guys, capris/slacks and nice top for women.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by saublewater:
Just me again!

We are wanting to cruise in a very relaxed mode...we don't want to do any formal nights...at least we don't think so (YET). We would like to eat at the buffets only....is this something that's done often? Will we the only ones eating at the buffet at night?

Also if someone could shed the light on smart casual attire?

Last but not least because I'm sure I'll have more questions to pose...is it mandatory in some lounges or shows to wear a suit jacket?
You are aware that not every night is a formal night in the dining rooms, right? For a 7-day cruise you have two formal nights and five casual nights. Many people eat in the dining room on the casual nights and then go to the buffet on the formal nights. Depending on the port we sometimes will go to the buffet dinner on one night. But we generally prefer the nice sit-down service in the dining room and the banter with tablemates.

There are some who live in the buffet and never go to the main dining rooms for any meals. To each his own but they are missing out in my opinion.

Even on the formal nights we change into casual clothes after dinner, and this is quite common among RCI passengers.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:02 AM

Ok...sounds like we have to at least try it...am I right?

Thanks again,

panabrite

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ok...sounds like we have to at least try it...am I right?

Thanks again,

panabrite
Try what?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 AM

Eat in the dinning room. Sorry I was vague on my reply

panabrite

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Eat in the dinning room. Sorry I was vague on my reply
Absolutely! And please try the dining room for breakfast. It is a great way to start the day without the hectic buffet, instead having a nice quiet breakfast served to you. I've found that the dining room can actually be quicker than the buffet - especially on port days when the buffet is a mad house.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:06 PM

Thanks for the pointers.

panabrite

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Our routine on past cruises has been to wake up early to room sevice( Juice,coffee,fruit&croisant) Then go for a nice long walk around the deck or go to the gym for an hour and then go to the dining room for a sit down breakfast! Great way to start the day!
By the way sable We used to live in Richmond hill Ont. Honymooned in Gravenhurst.Just loved the Muskokas!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:59 PM

Hello Bruce,

That's a nice idea too...we are light eaters at breakfast...cereal and tea/coffee. We like to save room for the good stuff at lunch and dinner!

Yes I agree the Muskokas are lovely...a little too out of price range...that's why we settled for Sauble Beach for our summer place...and less traffic since we avoid the 400 hwy. We had a blue flag this year on the beach...it was voted Ontario's TOP BEACH...and with that rating came all the people...we have never seen it that busy in over 8 years!

panabrite

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bloated, buffet, cruise, cruising, dining, eating, menu, navigator, onley, seas, tipping