Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 09:31 AM

Ok this is our first cruise ever! We are a couple in our mid 40s. Our kids are young adults and not with us on this trip.

We are just about to book a cruise in Feb 07 on the Radiance of the Seas doing the Eastern Caribbean route. It was a toss up between this one and the Millenium. We're looking at a balcony room [E2 class] on Deck 8 Room 8592. It seems to be on the round part near the center of the ship. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has been on this ship, and what they did or did not like. And whether they liked the itinerary of this cruise or not. Any tips or tricks? What should we do in port?
Old 12-01-2006, 10:26 AM

My wife and I are new cruisers as well and we are taking our first cruise on the Radiance in 2 weeks to the Western Caribbean. We are basically in the same cabin one deck up from the one you are looking at. If you can wait 3 weeks to book...I can give you our feedback. You probably don't want to wait that long.

We are very excited.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-01-2006, 10:57 AM

Oh please do let us know how it goes. And do you know what the Explorers Court is? It is just outside of our room on Deck 8.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:24 PM

This is something I posted in a previous string asking about the Radiance:

Posted November 22, 2006 06:36 PM
Just finished an 8 night cruise on Radiance and overall it was a great experience. My only complaint was that the golf simulator did not work and apparently had been out of commission off and on for some time. One of the main reasons we picked Radiance was because of that simulator so it was a major disappointment, especially the "nothing we can do about it" attitude of the staff. Other than that, we had a ball, great cruise director, Kieran, excellent rock band, Cruise Control, in the Colony Club and a great standards singer in the Centrum.

As far as the port of FT Lauderdale goes, leave yourself plenty of time. The day we left, 10/28, there was 1 security booth open when we arrived, about 12:15 and I'd say about 6 lanes of traffic merging into that one lane. It wasn't pretty. Finally another 2 booths were opened which marginally helped the situation. We were never in any danger of missing the ship, just a stressful way to start a vacation.

As far as the Eastern Caribbean ports go--I enjoyed them all but Antigua is beautiful. I've always been partial to Barbados, but Antigua was spectacular. Highly recommend an island tour there. Awesome scenery.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:04 PM

I am not what the Explorer's Court is. Our room is right outside the library and elevators. It appears that the balcony is larger than the ordinary ones so I am hoping that it is actually that big and I am hoping that the elevator noise is not that bad.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-08-2006, 03:34 PM

I haven't been on this class of ship, but from what I have heard, Radiance class ships are considered RC's finest (yes, even including Freedom & Voyager class).

They are panamax so they are slightly smaller, but still large at 90K grt.

CruiseCritic has given some of them six stars which is unheard of for a mainstream cruise line.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:51 PM

Thanks CruiseMasterSupreme. We ended up booking this ship, and the balcony cabin on the hump. Looking forward to it!

Old 12-09-2006, 05:46 AM

We were on Radiance last year, but to Alaska. We loved the ship. Our boys are in their 20's and chose Radiance because of their pool tables, since my husband and the boys enjoy playing. But overall, the ship was great!
Old 12-09-2006, 05:48 PM

Oeshpdog2, can you find out what the Explorer's Lounge is? It is just outside our room on Deck 8, and I haven't been able to find out what exactly it is through my web research.

Quote:
Originally posted by oeshpdog2:
My wife and I are new cruisers as well and we are taking our first cruise on the Radiance in 2 weeks to the Western Caribbean. We are basically in the same cabin one deck up from the one you are looking at. If you can wait 3 weeks to book...I can give you our feedback. You probably don't want to wait that long.

We are very excited.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:50 PM

Thanks Joarc! That is what I am hearing. Do you know what the Explorer's Lounge is?

Quote:
Originally posted by joarc:
We were on Radiance last year, but to Alaska. We loved the ship. Our boys are in their 20's and chose Radiance because of their pool tables, since my husband and the boys enjoy playing. But overall, the ship was great!

Closed Thread

Tags
20s, cabin, captain, captains, explorer, explorers, kids, lounge, radiance, radience, reviews, seas, shows, time, young