Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2002, 03:44 PM

I have my passport, my landed immigrant document and my birth certificate. Will I be okay in the Caribbean? Leaving 01/10/2003 on Celebrity Summit.

Any tips? Thanks in advance...
Old 12-28-2002, 03:44 PM

I have my passport, my landed immigrant document and my birth certificate. Will I be okay in the Caribbean? Leaving 01/10/2003 on Celebrity Summit.

Any tips? Thanks in advance...
Old 12-29-2002, 07:52 AM

Just questioned you on another site. You should have a fantastic time on the Summit. We sailed the Constellation this Summer, and have another 2 week cruise booked this coming Summer. You'll be spoiled with Celebrity. Food is fantastic, production numbers poor, but individual performers were great. Don't like the idea that Celebrity or RCL don't have washers and dryers on the ship, but we planned accordingly, and worked out well. As far as your required documents, you'll have no problems. St. Thomas was a little different this time than any time in the past. Just read your newsletter, and they'll direct you to the appropriate locations. One location for Americans, and another for people that hold foreign passports. As far as birth certificates are concerned, I carry a wallet size plastic one, with the raised seal. A photo copy WILL NOT DO!!
You'll probably not need yours in any respect, but good if you have one. For people that don't have passports, be aware of my previous comments about the birth certificate. We did see someone being denied boarding on a cruise last month, even with a passport. Be careful that your expiration date is 6-9 months away, as that might be a hangup. Happy cruising!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2002, 10:47 AM

I just saw your note on the Princess board, and I see you already know that we're on the Summit (southern Caribbean itinerary). I can hardly wait, but on the other hand, I've also been enjoying the anticipation. I've been reading my travel docs, books about the ports, checked out photo galleries of the ship a million times, I'm sure you know the drill.

My problem now is that I can't wait to start booking the next trip!

Ciao
Old 12-29-2002, 04:16 PM

One thing I forgot to mention, is the fact that you're flying, DO NOT LOCK your luggage. They will cut the locks off. Security suggested that you get plastic ties to put through the locks if you want security. We thought that was a great idea, until we figured out "How do you get into your luggage" to get the scissors in your suitcase to cut the plastic ties? I'm always afraid that the zippers will break, but have luggage straps around the bags. So much for the couple of packets of miniture padlocks. Those are now a thing of the past. Another cruise? I wouldn recommend a Baltic-St. Petersburg 14 day cruise on the Constellation. Great ship and a fantastic trip. We're also looking into a 2 week South America in February or March 2004. Your seasons are reversed there. Yell if I can help, but don't lock your bags, and have passports ready. Got some neck holders for them, then travel agent gave us waterproof holders. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Closed Thread

Tags
australian, booked, citizen, cruise, id, princess, site, uk