Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:00 AM

Gotta Dance is a program that RC is offering to guests of all ages, even though it is based on a documentary of the NJ Nets' senior hip hop dance team.

I enjoyed the movie and at the end of it, RC dancers handed out slips for team rehearsal times. I went and am glad I did. I was interested to see how well I would do in picking up the choreography and I must say, I did pretty well!

At the first rehearsal we learned all the choreography and then just improved it on subsequent rehearsals.

At the second rehearsal, the leaders hadn't shown up yet and some guests were teaching newcomers the steps. I sat in the theater watching and I came to the horrible realization that we were really bad. The guest leading the moves would not have made my team. He never did quite get the moves.

However, I guess overall we did okay because we were the first group who did a formation rather than just stay in our lines and do the dance. We started the dance in about three lines across the stage. After going through the dance one time we all moved to form a pyramid (if you looked from above, it wasn't a cheerleading pyramid) and did a couple moves then went through the dance again in that position before striking our ending pose.

Two RC dancers were on stage with us also doing the dance.

We performed the dance at the guest talent show. We were given jerseys that we wore over clothing of our choice. We had to give the jerseys back.

We were the last act at the talent show. After the Activities Manager introduced us, a short video played of footage filmed at our rehearsals. We then walked onto the dark stage and hit our mark. We were in our opening pose waiting for the lights to come on when the music started. So we started our dance in the dark. The lights eventually came on, but it was really disappointing that the audience didn't get the full flavor of our performance.

It was so much fun and I wanted to perform it again! We posed for group pictures (taken with our cameras). I was disappointed that since it was the last day, it wouldn't be on the cruise-in-review DVD. It would be nice if they could just film that and burn CDs for the participants. I saw it on TV and wasn't impressed with the overall lighting of the performance. Wasn't impressed with lighting overall.

We got certificates for our participation.

If this is offered on your cruise, I recommend joining in. I had a great time being part of it.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:08 AM

Here's the jersey that we wore.

Gotta Dance on RC

Old 11-17-2009, 12:24 PM

Sounds like fun, Maurine.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:10 AM

Yes, it was!

Closed Thread