Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 AM

Default Royal Family Suite Enchantment
Hello Cruisers,
Well its almost February again and time for my annual Cruise. This year its the Enchantment out of Baltimore. I had booked a Grand suite with an inside across the hall for the kids to sleep in. Always a challenge to place five in a room so I went this route. Low and behold a Royal Family Suite became available yesterday and I took the room. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms is just what I needed.I got room 8666 on the aft and here is my question. The web sites all say approximately 52 square foot balcony but the photos I see on line tell A much different story. It looks huge! Can anyone give me clarification?
Thank you all!!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Last year we were in a JS next to one of those RF suites. I'm thinking your balcony is more like twice the listed size. I don't have old deck plans but I 'think' the RF suites used to be two cabins which were modified into one. Maybe someone else has better data. All I know is our JS balcony was around 50 sq ft and those on the sides are obviously twice as large.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:17 AM

Thanks Dave,
Seems strange that the cruise line would not boast about a bigger balcony. Well i will consider it a bonus then.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey there Alfred - sailing with you tomorrow on the Enchantment. With the snow and temps I don't think you'll be getting too much use of that balcony til Monday! I've heard some great things about this ship - should be fun!

Old 01-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Any aft cabin balconies are much larger than other locations. 8666 and 8166 are identical in size. 8666 is on the starboard, and 8166 is on the port side. Here are a couple of pictures of the balcony on 8166--look a lot larger than 50 sq.ft....

ENJOY!

Sonny
Old 01-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Great photos Sonny thank you for your efforts. With 4 loungers plus a table with chairs I will be cruising in style!. Denjoker I don't leave until February 19th. Sorry I wont be with you. We crossed paths on the Westerdam a couple of years ago. I wish you a great cruise.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:49 AM

Once again, Sonny comes through with, not only an answer, but photos to back it up! Way to go, Sonny!

Just curious...is there anything that Sonny doesn't know about cruising on Royal Caribbean?

Hope you are enjoying your trip.

Take care,

Brad

Old 01-10-2011, 11:39 AM

I don't think so, Brad. Sonny's been on every ship multiple times, and I think he's been on every itinerary. Maybe the next one he takes will be a world cruise? That's really on my bucket list!

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, book, caribbean, cruise, cruises, dec, enchantment, family, february, pictures, rcl, reviews, royal, suite, suites