Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Balcony Pictures and advice (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/36363-balcony-pictures-advice.html)

J and S 01-11-2011 10:43 AM

Balcony Pictures and advice

Hi,

Me and my partner are considering the Allure of the Seas on 2nd October 2011 for 2 weeks and have the below rooms available;

Deck 7 - N Grade - 7472

Deck 8 - 8401 or 8411

Deck 10 - D7 Grade - 10708 or 10136

Deck 11 - 11720

Please can someone point me in the direction to see a photo of any of the above balconies and also advise what is the best balcony from the list above.

Is it better to be higher i.e Deck 11 than lower Deck 7?

If your higher will the balcony be covered or are they all covered anyway? (by this I mean can people look down onto your balcony)

Thanks for your help.

Dave 01-11-2011 11:17 AM

The three cabins with balconies are identical and all are covered. The decks on the Oasis and Allure are not tiered. Go to Google images and enter "allure of the seas balcony cabin" and you'll see plenty of photos. These are very small balconies.

You didn't say so but I assume you know the first three cabins you listed are insides. Actually I can't find a cabin 7472 in the deckplan.

J and S 01-12-2011 07:21 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. I cant find 7472 either?

Likely we will be going for balcony anyway which leads me into my next question;

Is it better to be front of ship or back?

Am I right in thinking back of ship will be noisier?

Dave 01-12-2011 08:32 AM

Front or back doesn't matter much. This is especially true with the Allure and Oasis. You might catch some noise out on an aft balcony from the Aqua Theater shows but that is early evening. However a forward balcony might also have more noise from the wind and water coming across the bow. It isn't something I'd worry about.

TexCruise 01-14-2011 08:05 AM

We have sailed Allure's sister ship Oasis twice. We have stayed in a balcony cabin on deck 6 both cruises because we are close to the gym and the promenade. Both cabins were on the port (left side) by the forward elevators on one and aft elevators on the last.

Lower cabins will keep you closer to the promenade, boardwalk areas, higher cabins to the pool and other upper deck options. One thing WE like about the forward cabins is that the elevators don't seem to be near as crowded as the other elevators. Also, the wait may not be as long.

8401 and 8411 are inside cabins.

I have pictures but can not access them at this time...I'll try again later.

We sail on Allure in 2 days!

Dave 01-14-2011 08:26 AM

The elevator thing is something to consider. More use aft since they go to the Windjammer and other venues nearby.

One thing I know for sure when it comes to me - I would never book one of the interior balcony cabins if you want a peaceful and reasonable private balcony.

TexCruise 01-14-2011 08:59 AM

I agree with Dave....inside balconies provide no privacy and nearly everyone I've talked to said noise can be a problem during the day and early evenings. If you're a people watcher though, I guess they would be OK. The aft ones do provide you a view of the aqua theater happenings though.

TexCruise 01-14-2011 09:07 AM

Here ya go:

136 pictures from cruises photos on webshots

Dwayne 01-14-2011 09:38 AM

Nice pictures Tex! Where was the Bubba Gump's? We have one in Charleston I go to.

TexCruise 01-14-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwayne (Post 284600)
Nice pictures Tex! Where was the Bubba Gump's? We have one in Charleston I go to.

Ft Lauderdale. It is beside/ part of the Courtyard By Marriott, Ft Lauderdale Beach. We usually stay there or the Hilton Marina when sailing out of FLL.

We usually hit the one in the Bayside Market Place when in Miami.