Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Default Stash Of Drugs Found On Enchantment Of The Seas
Last month 3 employees serving on the Enchantment Of The Seas were arrested for smuggling drugs into the U.S. As part of the follow-up investigation, drug-sniffing dogs swept the ship this past Saturday and they found more heroin and cocaine hidden in an area accessed by crew only. The street value is estimated at $100,000. The story

I'm thinking RCI will be increasing the security checks they do on crew when they return to the ship while in port.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Last month 3 employees serving on the Enchantment Of The Seas were arrested for smuggling drugs into the U.S. As part of the follow-up investigation, drug-sniffing dogs swept the ship this past Saturday and they found more heroin and cocaine hidden in an area accessed by crew only. The street value is estimated at $100,000. The story

I'm thinking RCI will be increasing the security checks they do on crew when they return to the ship while in port.
I have never cruised RCI but I am very familiar with what my daughter and her husband go through as crew returning on Carnival. They get a much more through screening than the guests do. They take off shoes, sometimes even get a pat down. I asked why once and they said it is to head off smuggling, they didn't say drugs specifically but clearly that counts. I bet someone on RCI is in a lot of trouble and maybe even some security personnel if they were in on it.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Dave - my wife and I were on that cruise. We couldn't figure out what was taking so long to get on the ship as it took over 2 hours from when we parked to when we walked aboard. We saw the article in our local paper when we got back home which might be the reason for the long process.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:54 AM

Me and my partner are looking at a 7 days cruise in the Bahamas sailing from Maryland, Baltimore on 23rd April 2011.

Can someone tell me what the Enchantmnt of the Seas is like, the pictures I have seen make it look at bit outdated.

Any comments please, this cruise is 3 ports and 3 days at sea for some relaxation before main cruise hopefully 1st October 2011 for 14 on b2b with Allure of the Seas.

Thanks

The Village Inn & Spa (formerly Rainbow Hotel): St. Lucia Hotel
Old 02-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Administrator

The Enchantment is going on 14 years old but it is a well-maintained ship. They upgraded it in 2005, stretching it and adding more "stuff to do" along with more cabins. I like the Vision-class ships but they are no match for the newer classes as far as their WOW factor, which they really do not have. Some prefer the lack of WOW since it means a more traditional cruise experience.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:17 AM

I like the Enchantment. It was refurbished and updated in 2005. I find it a very manageable size, and although it doesn't have some of the bells and whistles of the big, new ships, I always have a good time on Enchantment.

The fact that it leaves from Baltimore is a huge advantage to folks in the northeast. Not only do you save the money and trouble of flying to Florida, but April's prices are usually pretty reasonable.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 PM
We've been on the Enchanment as well as sister ship the Grandeur. One of our favorite ships. As Dave says - it's no comparison to the mega ships but some of us prefer smaller, more manageable ships. The captain said the Enchanment is scheduled for a refurb in 2012. We found it to be well maintained. The cabins are smaller though - but who spends much time in there anyway. Happy cruising!

Closed Thread

Tags
busted, caribbean, cocaine, cruise, drug, drugs, enchantment, enchnatment, find, found, line, problems, royal, sea, seas