Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2004, 09:15 AM

Hi, has anyone sailed on the Empress of the Seas? How did you like it? I'm looking at the 11 night Southern Caribbean and it just seems like such a great deal. I've been on Navigator, and would love Princess or Celebrity, but this seems like so much for the money and would my early 20s kids enjoy it?

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:15 AM

Hi, has anyone sailed on the Empress of the Seas? How did you like it? I'm looking at the 11 night Southern Caribbean and it just seems like such a great deal. I've been on Navigator, and would love Princess or Celebrity, but this seems like so much for the money and would my early 20s kids enjoy it?

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2004, 11:50 AM

I sailed the Empress before the name change, it use to be the Nordic Empress and sailed the 3 and 4 night Bahama route. I sailed that route twice and even due to inclement weather enjoyed my vacation. This is an older ship and the smallest of the fleet so be aware that this is not the ship seen on all the RCCL commercials. Cabins are small, but RCCL has some of the smallest cabins around from all accounts. I had an inside cabin both sailing and didn't mind because the trips were short and I wasn't in there much. It might be a little claustrophic on a longer sailing.

I found the cabin stewards very helpful and professional and the food was good, NOT GREAT, but good and plentiful.

I understand RCCL has cut back on the midnight buffets in the last few years. I haven't cruised in 3 years myself so I can't personally say. I can say that the midnight buffets were a favorite of mine and my husbands after a night of dancing or whatever so I'm sad to hear the quality and number have decreased.

I will be sailing the Monarch of the Seas myself soon, so I hope this information helped you somewhat.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:33 AM

SAILED ON IT JUNE 6 TO BERMUDA. HAd a oceanview cabin, little bit small but the ship ,service, food was first class! p.s. - the shower curtain in the bath will become your best friend.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:46 PM

I'm booked on the 11 night exotic in january....I hope it's not TOO small for that long of a time.....any comments?

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 08-02-2004, 12:49 PM

My TA told me the average inside cabin measures 136 sq ft. For those sailing on the Empress it will be cozy. Love the itinerary though.

Closed Thread