Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 06:03 AM

BTW, I seem to remember that if you had a J.S and took a 10 night or longer cruise, you got an extra credit for a total of 3 CC's for one cruise. I wonder if they made a provision for this in the new system?

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Am I going to have to get my violin out?

Old 01-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Administrator

It was 12 nights or longer and it appears that is gone now and it is strictly one point per cruise-day and double points for being in a suite.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 AM

The one thing I am still unclear on is did they discontinue the crystal ship gifts they would give out at 30 or 40 sailings and if not at what number do you receive them. We were set to get another one on our next sailing but now I'm not sure. They also do not give extra points if you are lucky enough to upgraded to a suite,you get the upgrade just not the extra point.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Am I going to have to get my violin out?
LOL!!!!! The string bass might be better, not sure a violin is big enough!!!!! LOL!!! I'll quit while I'm behind!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 01-27-2011, 03:03 PM

Smile
To much fussing about nothing, I say...I like RCI and have also used Celebrity, and will do my first Princess next month...I like cruising, I like the value it gives me, would rather do it than an all inclusive for a week, and will continue to cruise with RCI and maybe Princess after this next one, who knows....Its all about the experience; Points and Perks are just there but not something I will pursue with anyone line just to have the extra bene's.

Peter l

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-27-2011, 03:53 PM

You're exactly right Peter, we too enjoy cruising and actually enjoy the ships more than anything else. I would be perfectly happy to eliminate the perks altogether and just knock a few bucks off the cruise for everyone. That would just be one less item for RCCL to keep up with too. Now, back to planning the next cruise!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 02-05-2011, 09:58 PM

All I know is diamond for me after next cruise
RCCL Sovereign 3/08
RCCL Sovereign 10/08
RCCL Monarch 4/09
RCCL Navigator 3/10
RCCL Radiance 4/11
Carnival Dream 4/12
Carnival Glory 10/12
Carnival Fantasy 5/13
RCCL Allure 10/13

Need some cruise help?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:25 AM

Hey gang,

The reality of these programs is that it allows each cruise lines best customers to be recognized, even if in a small way, for their loyalty. I think that is important because, for example, if two people are vying for the same ticket to the ice show, or for preferred dining room seating, or whatever else, it would make more sense to reward the person that has spent literally tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars with your company over someone who has literally paid a single $549 cruise fare. The same thing happens in pretty much every other industry as well, and cruising should be no different. It's kind of like when you go to your favorite restaurant, it is nice to be recognized by the staff as a frequent flier, so to speak. Would it really be better if they simply said "Good evening" to you and then took $2 of the bill of the guy at the table next to you? In my opinion, no.

It does appear that some folks are a bit disgruntled about the fact that they modified the program, but again, in my opinion, giving someone credit for days spent at sea makes more sense that giving someone on a three day cruise the same credit as someone on an eight day cruise.

One more thing to keep in mind...the cruise industry is still relatively young and I think they should keep fine tuning things in order to provide the best experience for all. Do you know what happens to companies that stagnate and always maintain the status quo? An innovative company like Apple comes along and takes over their market. I think it is a good thing that companies like Royal Caribbean listen to their customers...that is how we end up with awesome ships like Oasis and Allure of the Seas.

Again, just my two cents.

God bless everyone!

Brad

Old 02-17-2011, 12:48 PM

Default Happy Anniversary Dave
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DAVE!! Enjoy you cruise in June...My husband and I are married 30 years Oct. 2 and leave on Oct. 1/11 on Voyager......Only our 3 cruise, all on RCI...but can hardly wait.

Closed Thread

Tags
anchor, caribbean, converting, crown, cruise, cruises, diamond, junior, loyalty, members, number, points, program, royal, suite, system, vs