Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM

It really depends on what you want to compare. The two cruise lines are sister companies but are totally different levels. Celebrity is in the Premium level of cruise lines and Royal Caribbean is in Mass Market. They each market to different demographics. You can't just compare them fairly without getting specific. This is where using a cruise oriented travel agent can really help you. For instance if you are a family and want to know which ship would be better for family entertainment and activities for the children, then the Allure would be the choice. However; Celebrity also has excellent refined entertainment, but it's focus isn't to cater to families. Dave gave you an excellent example to help describe some differences in the two cruise lines.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:47 AM

Default Allure of the seas Aug 28/11
Sounds like it was overall a great cruise! Im very new to this forum and site but everyone seems great. Was hoping you could tell me which restaurants are free of charge and how much the others were! Also how were the pools and whirlpools. Look forward to hearing! Thanks Brian.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:47 AM

Hi briankautz, I know the dining rooms and buffet are free. I believe that Johnny Rockets has a $5.95 cover charge, and there are tons of for pay restaurants on board. I believe there was a post that Dave made linking to the fee restaurants. I wish I could tell you first hand, but have not had the pleasure of sailing on the Allure. I think there are some Ala Carte restaurants, too. Most of the cover charges are between $15 and $25/pp. There really isn't a need to visit them, unless you want to, the dining room and buffet areas are wonderful.

You're going to have so much fun on this ship. I haven't heard a bad review, so far!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:10 AM

Welcome, Brian. About half of Allure's 23 or so restaurants and food areas are included in the cruise fare, the other half having a surcharge. Some restaurants are free for breakfast and lunch, and charge for dinner. There are lots of free choices, and some of the surcharge restaurants are very elegant or unique and may be worth trying out.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:45 PM

Default Thanks for RCI dinning options
Thanks Dave for the attachment on dining aboard Oasis class ships.
Less than 1 month to go before we take our first cruise and so much still to plan! This will be very helpful.

On a side note: our travel agent asked if we wanted to do e-docs or paper. Since this is our first cruise what do you recommend?

Regards,
momofmd
Old 07-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Administrator

All you need is edocs. Just complete and print out your Set Sail pass and then submit the info to get luggage tags mailed to you. You do all of it on-line at the RCI website. No need for a pack of paper docs to lug around. All they want at the pier is your Set Sail Pass, your passports, and your credit card for the onboard account.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:13 AM

Dave,
Thanks for the great tips once again!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Look at the attached for dining options. You may have to print it to see it well enough. Also, the prices have increased recently, mostly by $5 with a couple exceptions.
Where do you find this list? I tried to print it, but it came out blurry. I am heading out on Allure of the seas on 02/26/12.

All Royal Caribbean

02/23/02 Radiance of the Seas 7 night Southern Caribbean
01/31/05 Monarch of the Seas 4 night Baja Mexico
02/01/09 Adventure of the Seas 7 night Southern Caribbean

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Administrator

That is the only available copy I have.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:23 AM

No worries. Thanks for the quick reply. I can't wait. I keep hearing amazing things about this ship.

All Royal Caribbean

02/23/02 Radiance of the Seas 7 night Southern Caribbean
01/31/05 Monarch of the Seas 4 night Baja Mexico
02/01/09 Adventure of the Seas 7 night Southern Caribbean

Read and post cruise reviews

Tags
allure, balcony, celebrity, cruise, d1, days, departure, express, grill, oct23, photo, price, review, reviews, samba, seas