Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 12:08 PM

Thumbs up Choosing cabin on the Allure of the seas.
We will be sailing on the Allure of the seas, May 2012 (Eastern Caribbean).
(1) We are considering changing cabins to a Central Park view. We are concerned with the potential noise and/or light problems. Should we avoid these cabins? (2) Any other general comments about the ship are would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 PM

The Central Park atmosphere is much quieter than the Boardwalk. I don't think you'd have any problem with lights and would enjoy it very much.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat24 View Post
We will be sailing on the Allure of the seas, May 2012 (Eastern Caribbean).
(1) We are considering changing cabins to a Central Park view. We are concerned with the potential noise and/or light problems. Should we avoid these cabins? (2) Any other general comments about the ship are would be appreciated.
Thanks
What kind of cabin do you have now, that you're thinking of switching away from?

A Central Park balcony would be a nice people-watching place, since there are usually people strolling through it, and it has some "outdoor" eating areas. I agree with Cruise Fanatic that I doubt it would ever become noisy.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Central Park is beautiful and should be pretty quite most of the time. One thing about a Central Park balcony is that you will have little to no privacy on your balcony. To some folks that will not matter at all. To some it does, folks will be able to see your every move and folks directly across from you can see into your room if the curtains are open. Whatever you decide.....enjoy your cruise on a fabulous ship!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 02-11-2011, 02:01 PM

Our cabin is 3232. Mid ship 3rd deck.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:30 PM

According to Allure's deck plan, that's an Ocean View, so you'd be trading a view of the ocean for a balcony. I guess it depends, in part, on how much time you anticipate spending in your room. If you plan to be in there a lot, a balcony could be nice. if you're going to be in there basically to change clothes and to sleep, seeing the ocean during the day may be preferred.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 PM

I'll be in a Central Park cabin on deck 14 next week. I don't have a clue as to what it's like--for a change I'll be on an unfamiliar ship. As far as people being able to look into our cabin...I'll also be able to look into theirs. It'll be like being in a Promenade cabin on a "Voyager" class ship. At least being on deck 14 there won't be anyone looking down at our balcony. We booked an ocean view balcony cabin on the Oasis for next October. I'll take pictures from our Central Park balcony so you'll be able to get a good idea of what it's like.

Sonny
Old 02-12-2011, 05:27 PM

Here's a couple of shots of Central Park balconies on Oasis....we didn't take any on Allure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 094.jpg (63.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 093.jpg (53.8 KB, 10 views)

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
allure, balconies, balcony, cabin, cabins, central, classes, cruise, line, noisy, park, pictures, review, reviews, sea, seas, staying