Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Default What is Voyager like?
Do they have hairdryer's in all suites? What time is early dinner? Is the food good?
I heard it is an old ship??? Does is look old?.....amm
Old 02-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Talking
I was on the Voyager a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time....
It was the first series of ships by RCL that had the promanade deck....which they expanded on the Oasis and Allure....I'm sure there may be some wear showing, but I'm also sure they have kept the ship looking as good as they can....I'm sure you will have a grand time on her....Enjoy and happy sailing... and yes there are hair dryers in every cabin...I think the first traditional dinner seating is at 6...I always take the My Time Dining or is it Personal choice on RCL..anyway that starts at 5:30....

Bob E

Last edited by Berick1234; 02-19-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Talking What is Voyager Like?
As said above, Voyager is the first ship of the "Voyager Class" of ships, which include Adventure OTS, Voyager OTS, Mainer OTS and one other name which slips my mind at the moment. Haven't used the "My time" option, but we usually eat in the dining room at 6pm. All shows run early and late for the two seating times to be able to view the shows, and, on Mariner (which we've sailed three times) the food was great and varied. Unless you get stuck on a dead powerless ship in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico for a few days (like those poor cruisers last year on another cruise line ship) it's still a cruise!! You should have a great time! Remember, here in the midwest, we're shoveling 3 feet of partly cloudy off the driveways and sidewalks-I rather be cruising ANYWHERE!!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:44 PM

My wife and I were on Voyager last week. The ship still looks good.

We were on Freedom last year. The Voyager is similar, just smaller. It contains pretty much the same activities. Except, it doesn't have the Flo Rider and only has two pools compared to three. Everything else is very similar.

They must have updated the look of Voyager, because the inside did not look dated. It was clean with a good, modern look.

There are hair dryers. They are hidden in the drawer by the vanity.

We ate at the 8pm sitting. This worked perfect for us. It gave a little time after the excursions to sit in the hot tub and then get ready for dinner. It ended in time to catch the second show in the theater.

You will have a very nice trip on Voyager.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Thanks Todd41...that is exactly what I needed to hear......glad you had a good cruise...I'm sure we will also........amm
Old 03-02-2011, 04:04 AM

We have been on both the Voyager and Explorer of the Seas in the past and they were both in good shape and utilized the first seating on both. They are fun ships and we enjoyed both of them. One thing about RCI is that you will find maintenance crews busy at work doing the things that need to be done during both sea and port days to keep the ships looking good.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread