Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (
-   -   taxi at fort lauderdale airport close to midnight (

lovelingling 02-18-2011 08:04 AM

taxi at fort lauderdale airport close to midnight
We(2 adults and 1 young kid) will arrive at fort lauderdale airport on Saturday 11:35pm. Is it easy to find a taxi to take us to a hotel? How much is the taxi fare? Any recommendation for the hotel? We will stay at the hotel for only one night before cruise.
Since i am planning to use my aeroplan points to book the hotel, I have two choices: Sheraton Fort lauderdale beach hotel and Best western airport south inn & suites.
Which one is better?

Thanks in advance!

penny3333 02-18-2011 08:19 AM

Hi lovelingling, you will have no problem finding a taxi at the airport. The Sheraton is right on the beach, the Best Western is not. I stayed at the Sheraton last December and can tell you it is very clean, very large rooms, great beds, and a large bathroom. I haven't stayed at the Best Western, but would assume it would be nice as well. The fare to the Sheraton should not be more than $15-20, then from the Sheraton to the port the next day should be about $10.

Hope this helps some.

billybuzzy 02-22-2011 07:01 PM

lovelingling...You might try the Ramada Airport/Cruiseport in FLL...they offer airport pickup and cruiseport drop off the next day...I believe the same is also offered by the Comfort Inn !!

Bon Voyage,