Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 04:19 PM

Default OASIS -March26/11. What did YOU pay?
We booked last weekend, Balcony (Central Park view), Category C2 Room, My Time Dining (all that was left!)

Paid: $939 + $85.16(for the My Time) + $114(tax)= $1138.16 Cdn per person(2 people). Total= $2276.32 for two.

How'd I do?

What did others pay for same Cruise?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Administrator

We don't like to discuss specific cruise prices on the forum.

Pricing is generally the same for everyone no matter how they booked it. Royal Caribbean wants their prices to be level, whether you bought it from an agent, an online cruise agency, or direct from Royal Caribbean. Your fare was no better or no worse than anyone else who booked that particular cruise and category last weekend.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Thanks. Just curious...
I've been on flights, and at all-inclusives where there have been hundreds of $$ differences paid between customers for exactly the same product.
Just like to get some feedback from cruisers...
(I'm sure the cruise companies, travel agencies etc dont like to see these posts either , but - what the heck..)
Old 03-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Administrator

The thing with cruises is that the cruise lines have gone to great lengths to "level the playing field" and make pricing a non-factor as far as getting a "great deal". Those days are long gone. A person can find pricing that is lower than the advertised price if you find an agent with group space blocked out. But even then it can be the same price as an individual booking, but they get to add perks which have value such as on-board credit, upgrades, bottles of wine, etc.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:41 AM

the one thing you want to be aware of is that prices can and do drop sometimes and it helps if you have a travel agent that stays on top of it or if you booked yourself, check it out weekly(you can do this anyway) to see what the pricing may be...I took care of booking for 6 in our party and by checking, I saved $400 one time and $600 another time per couple..As the cruise got closer, the price for our cabins ended back up to where we originally booked. That extra savings helped to offset the huge cost of flying during a break week.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Just curious - - - is there really a fee for anytime dining ? ? ?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:39 PM

I don't know about RCI but Princess does not charge a fee but I have heard that RCI requires gratuities up front if you select this..Our cabin stewart and wait staff tips were seperately added early am each day to our statement by Princess.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-04-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter l View Post
the one thing you want to be aware of is that prices can and do drop sometimes and it helps if you have a travel agent that stays on top of it or if you booked yourself, check it out weekly(you can do this anyway) to see what the pricing may be...I took care of booking for 6 in our party and by checking, I saved $400 one time and $600 another time per couple..As the cruise got closer, the price for our cabins ended back up to where we originally booked. That extra savings helped to offset the huge cost of flying during a break week.

Peterl
As with some other cruise line, Royal Caribbean changed their policy regarding price drops. If the price of your category goes down after final payment is due, they no longer adjust the price of your cruise. Once you're in penalty period, it's a done deal.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmaz View Post
Just curious - - - is there really a fee for anytime dining ? ? ?
Royal Caribbean does not charge a fee for My Time Dining. As Peter said, however, they do require that you pre-pay the gratuities along with your cruise payment. Since you may well have a different waiter each night in the dining room, they want the tips paid in advance. You're paying the same amount in tips as the suggested tips onboard.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, book, canadian, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, dollars, fixed, march, oasis, pay, price, royal, tips