Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 09:19 AM

Default Pre-paid gratuities option on Oasis OTS?
Apparently you have an option to have pre-paid gratuities added to you Sea Pass card - good idea or bad?

(Or you can put gratuities in envelope at the end of cruise)

Anybody know how that pre-paid works & how much $$ ? (do you put in the amounts or is it done automatically?)

Comments please?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:40 AM

If you look at this link, What are gratuity guidelines for cruises? - Royal Caribbean International, you can see what the recommended gratuity options are. Sorry, but I don't know how to insert a link with alternate text on this new forum.

The prepaid gratuities are done based on their recommended amounts, so it is done automatically, and they will give you vouchers to put in the envelopes that will be delivered to your stateroom on the last morning of the cruise. If you feel an employee has gone above and beyond what you expected, you can give additional cash in addition to the voucher. This happened to me a few years ago on my cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas. My dining room waiter, by the 3rd night, knew I wanted decaf coffee with whatever dessert I ordered. I did the prepaid gratuities, but also gave her a little something extra for remembering that.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 03-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Talking
Pre-paid tips are the easiest way to go....no messing around the last night with cash....

I carry $2 bills with to give out for additional service....plus giving my Room Steward a $20 bill the first day...gets things going and well worth it....plus he/she gets their tip at the end of the cruise too.....Different cruiselines charge differently....$10 to $12 a day per person...and children are charged the same....Many times, it's harder for the crew to clean up after children than adults.....Happy Cruising...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cover, cruise, cruises, cruiseship, everythin, gratuities, oasis, ots, paid, phone, prepaid, royal, seas, ship