Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Water Dilemma. Help! (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/36695-water-dilemma-help.html)

clas 03-10-2011 04:38 PM

Water Dilemma. Help!

Hello again. I'm curious what people do about the drinking water. I've been on chat twice with RC. They say it's safe. My tap water in my home is safe, too, but I filter it anyway. I've read online that they confiscate all beverages brought on board now. Anybody have any recent news about that? It's very expensive to buy their water...naturally. I've read that people brought cases of water, but I have a feeling that is in the past. I can get back on chat, but they don't seem to know very much. I guess they would know about bringing water on board, though. I've also read that people bring their own filter pitcher. That might be the solution, even though those little filters don't catch that much. Thanks for any help AGAIN!

MCPayne 03-10-2011 04:52 PM

Hi Clas.

The ship's water is perfectly safe to drink. I'm not sure about bringing beverages on board, as that seems like it's a forever changing policy.

I do know, however, that you cannot bring alcohol onboard. If you purchase alcohol at a port of call, you must let security know. They will store it, and it will be returned to you on the last evening of the cruise.

I learned this in science class in college. If you look at some bottles of water, in fine print, it may say something like "Minerals added for enhanced taste." Because of this, tap water is actually safer than some bottled water. I don't know about bringing a filtration filter (such as a Brita) onboard, as I haven't tried that.

poormom 03-10-2011 05:54 PM

Clas
I'm assuming that you're aware that they do have a bottled water package available.
The ship does have an elaborate filtration system. Consider this when you're going out of your way to buy filtered water...most everthing that comes from the kitchen has ship's water in it, coffee, soup, ice. The potatoes and lobster are boiled in it and the vegetables are washed in it. If it gives you piece of mind, bring your pitcher,but make no mistake, you will consume some of the ship's water.

Sonny V 03-10-2011 08:10 PM

The water from the bathroom faucet is a safe as bottled water. My wife and I have been drinking it without a worry.

Sonny

f-mattox 03-10-2011 09:44 PM

Same with us, Sonny. We usually take a case of Perrier in plastic bottles but tap water is the only still water we drink.

peter l 03-11-2011 05:16 AM

If you are a water drinker; consider packing a couple of the larger sports water bottles and fill it up with ice and water in the buffet areas when you are there. That way if you are sunning on deck or going off the ship, you will have great, safe water with you and it costs nothing this way.

Peterl

Dwayne 03-11-2011 05:41 AM

I don't understand why Royal Caribbean would have a problem with bringing on bottled water in a reasonable amount. Ship water does not agree with me at all and I have to limit how much I drink or consume. I'm glad Carnival has not followed Royal's lead on this as I always take at least a 12 pack of Spring Water and a gallon jug of it without a problem. Maybe Royal's ships have better water than Carnival's is all I can figure. I've seen crew bringing on water many times.

Midwest Cruiser 03-11-2011 07:21 AM

We've never had a problem drinking the water on Royal Caribbean's ships. We drink it all around the ship as well as from our stateroom faucet. I'm sure that it is purer than most people's well or city water back home. Enjoy your cruise!

Todd41 03-11-2011 07:48 AM

Tap water on Liberty and Voyager was suprisingly good for us. My wife in particular, is sensitive to water tastes. She thought it was just fine.

I would suggest testing it out when you first get on the ship. If you don't like it, then you can invest in the water package.

clas 03-11-2011 08:37 AM

Thanks!

Thanks for the good advice. I'm sure the water on board is fine to drink, but so is water out of my tap at home. I know that the water is filtered on board, but they do bring water on board from the ports. Someone mentioned filling up water bottles from the hot tea water dispenser at the buffet. That is beginning to sound like a good idea, too. Yes, I know I can buy water packages on board. $$$. Bottled water is always a gamble anyway. Who knows what it is those bottles? Thanks again for helping me out with this dilemma.