Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 03:01 PM

Default B2B cruise thoughts
I am trying to convince husband to take me on a B2B cruise. I have only been on Freedom (October 2010). I am thinking of Allure or Oasis, but am thinking both may be too big. But being on B2B thought may be different. I am thinking of going in July. Would love to be on ship July 4th (anniversary). But also thinking August 14th, his birthday. Oh ya wanting to go 2012.
I did not like coming back to the cold weather..We live in upstate NY. Did that this past October and came back to snow.
Would love everyones thoughts and ideas. Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM

I love B2B cruises. I always say: Fly once - cruise twice. Flying from N.Y. to Fort Lauderdale isn't cheap--so just think how much he's saving by not having to pay for two air fares to go on two cruises. Also, it's a great feeling knowing you don't have get off the ship when it returns to Ft. Lauderdale. I was in AWE when I sailed on the Allure. I felt like I was a new cruiser because I could find my way around for the first couple of days. I'm really looking forward to my Oasis cruise in October. I don't think the Oasis Class ships are too big - and I've been on them all. To sail on a Voyager or Freedom class ship might be a little boring after my experience on the Allure.

Sonny
Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 PM

We just returned from our first b2b. It was so much fun! When everyone was packing to leave the ship after the first week, we were relaxing on our balcony.

We live in Illinois and it cost us a fortune to fly to Florida. Like Sonny said, as long as we were spending that kind of money, might as well stay two weeks!

We had the same stateroom for both cruises. I felt that, because we were doing b2b's, we got a little more TLC from the stateroom attendant and the dining staff.

There were 70 people on our first cruise doing b2b's. When we got to Miami, about 30 of them got off the ship to shop or sightsee. That left about 40 of us on the whole ship! We sat at the back of the ship and there wasn't a soul around. The dolphins were playing in the bay and it was wonderful!

Nadine
Old 03-15-2011, 09:09 AM

Don't most B2B cruises do the same itinery each week? If so, is this kind of boring doing the same ports twice? I would like to consider a B2B but would want to see different places; but I don't know if this is possible. I guess just being on board for two weeks would be a sure PLUS.

Peterl

Old 03-15-2011, 09:48 AM

Default B2b
I did look into that Freedom, Allure and Oasis (I believe all 3?) would do Eastern for a week than Western following week (or vise versa).

Actually thinking going to Hawaii or Europe..Longer cruise time on both. Hawaii only is available in April..Not quite sure on that one, and we have already been there. BUT would love to go there again. Can't remember when Europe..Specifically Italy time frame is.

Def. attempting to do a cruise for longer that 7 days.

Thaks for everyones help

Candice

Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter l View Post
Don't most B2B cruises do the same itinery each week? If so, is this kind of boring doing the same ports twice? I would like to consider a B2B but would want to see different places; but I don't know if this is possible. I guess just being on board for two weeks would be a sure PLUS.

Peterl
Not on the 7 night Caribbean cruises--they alternate Eastern and Western. We did the same itinerary on our Mexican Riviera Cruises, but it wasn't boring to us.

Sonny
Old 03-15-2011, 11:42 AM

Peterl, with our b2b we did the western Caribbean the first week and the eastern the second week.

Another thing, they served the same food both weeks which worked fine for us. What I didn't try the first week, I ordered the second week!

Nadine
Old 03-16-2011, 04:22 AM

Smile
Thanks, doing different ports would make it really work !! Food; thats never been a problem for me.

Peterl

Closed Thread

Tags
b2b, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruisers, cruises, eastern, europe, forum, freedom, hawaii, like, nadine, reviews, royal, ships, western