Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 07:50 AM

Default Whats included?
Hello everyone this is my first post on this site and I'm sure this has been discussed before.

I will be getting married next year (June 2012) and plan on taking a royal Caribbean cruise. I was thinking about a 9-14 day cruise depending on what is offered to the Caribbean or Bahamas.

My question is, whats included when you book a cruise? and how much are drinking packages? I have been doing research on this and it seems like I cant get specific answers. Tell me everything you know. And once again this has probably been discussed before but maybe there has been updated information.

Thank you everyone.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Welcome to CruiseReviews. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials and honeymoon cruise!

A cruise price includes your cabin, entertainment, most meals, basic beverages. You pay extra for meals in specialty restaurants which are now fairly common on cruise ships. Food in the buffet and main dining room is included in your cruise fare. Ships also have other snack venues such as pizza, burgers, and so forth. These are also included. Royal Caribbean ships have Johnny Rockets, and that does have a small fee, although they also serve burgers and hot dogs in the Windjammer Buffet which are 'free'. An upscale dining experience can be had on ships which have Chops and/or Portofino's, which are extra-fee dining rooms.

Soft drinks and alcohol are not included and you have to pay for them. RCI has a soda package where you pay a set price and get unlimited fountain sodas. They also have a bottled water package and another for juices. RCI just rolled out an alcohol package program, but it is only being done on 3 ships which service the European market - at least for the time being. I suspect that if it proves profitable they will go fleet-wide. It isn't especially cheap. Bar prices on cruise ships are similar to those at resorts and high-end hotels. Around $5 for a beer, $5 to $10 for a cocktail depending on the liquor used, and also $5 to $10 for a glass of wine. A 15% tip is automatically added to each bar purchase.

Tips are also an expense not covered by your cruise fare. The crew makes their money from passenger tips. Look here for the suggested amounts. These can be pre-paid with the booking. If you choose My Time Dining you have to pre-pay all tips. It totals $23.30 per day for a couple, so for a 7 night cruise you have $163 for gratuities.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:35 AM

Hi Jerseyguy and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

In addition to Dave's answer, note that Caribbean cruises on Oasis and Allure of the Seas for June 2012 are already available, but all the other ships' schedules, prices and itineraries won't be available for booking for another month or so. You'll see more choices in April and/or May.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
Hi Jerseyguy and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

In addition to Dave's answer, note that Caribbean cruises on Oasis and Allure of the Seas for June 2012 are already available, but all the other ships' schedules, prices and itineraries won't be available for booking for another month or so. You'll see more choices in April and/or May.

Wow...thanks for the insight, very helpful.....now I have an idea on when the rest of the cruises will come out.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Welcome to CruiseReviews. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials and honeymoon cruise!

A cruise price includes your cabin, entertainment, most meals, basic beverages. You pay extra for meals in specialty restaurants which are now fairly common on cruise ships. Food in the buffet and main dining room is included in your cruise fare. Ships also have other snack venues such as pizza, burgers, and so forth. These are also included. Royal Caribbean ships have Johnny Rockets, and that does have a small fee, although they also serve burgers and hot dogs in the Windjammer Buffet which are 'free'. An upscale dining experience can be had on ships which have Chops and/or Portofino's, which are extra-fee dining rooms.

Soft drinks and alcohol are not included and you have to pay for them. RCI has a soda package where you pay a set price and get unlimited fountain sodas. They also have a bottled water package and another for juices. RCI just rolled out an alcohol package program, but it is only being done on 3 ships which service the European market - at least for the time being. I suspect that if it proves profitable they will go fleet-wide. It isn't especially cheap. Bar prices on cruise ships are similar to those at resorts and high-end hotels. Around $5 for a beer, $5 to $10 for a cocktail depending on the liquor used, and also $5 to $10 for a glass of wine. A 15% tip is automatically added to each bar purchase.

Tips are also an expense not covered by your cruise fare. The crew makes their money from passenger tips. Look here for the suggested amounts. These can be pre-paid with the booking. If you choose My Time Dining you have to pre-pay all tips. It totals $23.30 per day for a couple, so for a 7 night cruise you have $163 for gratuities.
Dave, thank you for your information. You answered my questions and more. If I have anymore questions I will be sure to come back to you. Thank you once again.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 AM

Hi Jerseyguy101, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Not only for your upcoming wedding, but for your cruise as well. On some of RCI ships they offer the florider, rock climbing wall, and ice capades. These are also included in your fare. We went on the Epic last October and saw Blue Man group, which was included in our fare. The Epic has the rock climbing wall and 3 water slides that were a blast, which was included.

There are tons to do and see on board, then you have your ports of call on top of the ship. It's an amazing vacation. Even for honeymooners We purchased the alcohol package on Celebrity and found it was not worth the price. I truly believe the best way to go is by the drink. They do have packages for honeymooners that include champagne which you can purchase before you sail.

Find yourself a good travel agent, one that specializes in cruises and is CLIA certified. They can be invaluable!

Closed Thread

Tags
allure, caribbean, carribean, covered, cruise, cruises, drinks, european, included, line, maryland, reveiws, royal, seas, whats