Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 04:53 PM

First time cruiser, and will be on that ship as well. Mostly excited about Maho beach (taking flying lessons, love planes).

If anyone is familiar with ports, where is the best scuba? Mostly interested in deeper (80 feet or so) wrecks.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:14 AM

Hi Meanee, welcome to CruiseReviews. There really isn't much deep diving in either St. Maarten or St. Thomas. The TikiHut had a cannon that was sunken and some of the fort, I think I remember a submarine there, too (St. Maarten). St. Thomas has some good snorkeling/diving but mainly sport diving, around 30'. Buck Island might be a good place for you to go. However, I still recommend Trunk Bay. Even though it's snorkeling, the water is crystal clear (unless there's a storm). There are no wrecks, just coral and fish, but the beach is magnificent.

For good diving, Grenada's Flamingo Bay, Bonaire-just about anywhere, Dominica's Champagne Reef, and Belize/Roatan Reefs.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:57 AM

My significant other does not dive, so if I go on a trip that is mostly diving, I will be in the doghouse for next eternity. So I was hoping to get a wreck dive this trip. One thing is, I HATE snorkeling.

Thank you for suggestions. Going to Google for some spots.

Now, any pro tips for a first time cruiser?

Closed Thread

Tags
ahead, caribbean, cruise, hours, maartin, nervous, oasis, optional, patch, royal, scopolamine, sea, seas, seasick, seasickness, sickness, st, time