Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Default rccl finally goes all inclusive for bar sales
Royal Caribbean has

started to offer a number of all-inclusive drinks packages -but is it music to everyone's ears? Firstly, are they good value? What do you think... Beer & Wine Package = $29pp per day. Includes all brews, house wine by the glass and a 25% off spirits and other wines. Classic Package = $39pp per day. Includes beer & wine packages plus all cocktails and a selection of premium/ specialty spirits. Premium Package = $49pp per day. Includes all of the above plus wines by the glass up to $10, and more premium spirits.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Talking
Gee, I don't drink so this wouldn't help me out....Just hope this doesn't cause more drunks on board......Give me free cream puffs and I'm happy....Happy sailing to us all...

Bob E
Old 03-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Interesting...where did you get that information? I haven't seen it anywhere.

It doesn't sound too bad to me. My bar tab on my last seven day trip on AOS was about $600 between my wife and I. That did include a couple of decent bottles of wine, though. I am sure I would gain more weight trying to make sure that I got my money's worth.

I will probably try one of the packages on my next trip, if available.

Thanks for the information. I will be interested in seeing what the usual suspects say.

Take care,

Brad

Old 03-29-2011, 04:15 PM

HERE is a link to one of the news articles.

I wish Carnival would do this as well. I pay $21.81 including gratuity for one bucket of Coors Light. And yes, I buy more than one a day.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 PM
I looked at the drink packages offered on HAL, which includes 6 packs of beer, cocktails and wine, and also the beverage cards offered in dollar amounts. Two cruises ago I purchased a 10 drink card; last cruise I purchased a $50 beverage card. I think it's easier just to buy an OBC (on board credit) and put it against the cost of beverage buying. There really isn't that much of a benefit to the packages, and it's a pain having to carry a separate card.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Administrator

It is important to note that this program is not on all ships. It is currently limited to 3 RCI ships doing certain itineraries in Europe.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:47 AM

I do hope it is better than the program that Celebrity sold us. Since I'm not a big drinker I lost over $100 by purchasing the frozen drink package on the Solstice. My husband lost about $300 by purchasing the "all-inclusive" drink package that did not include beer or wine. Lesson learned, we'll purchase by drink from now on.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:31 PM
I wonder if crown and anchor members get a discount.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-25-2011, 02:34 PM

It has also been changed to all guests in the cabin that are 21 and over must have the same package. I don't agree with that but apparently that was how the minds that be figured out the major loss of revenue. Before this you could only get one drink at a time. Well an example of what happened....husband who has package would go get a drink. Come back and give to wife or whomever who didn't have the package....go back and get another one for someone else...etc etc. I was so so excited when I read about one of the ships we were thinking of going on offering this but when we looked at our last seapass bill, we would have lost major money. I can't imagine the weight I would have gained just trying to drink my monies worth.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Administrator

I'm surprised they haven't done that with the soda card - require the whole cabin to get it.

My thinking is all-inclusive drink packages are rarely worth the money. After all, the cruise line (or resort, etc.) wouldn't offer them unless they figured the profits were worthy of it.

Also, welcome to Cruise Reviews crisndeefromde! I appreciate your joining us!

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, beer, caribbean, cruise, drinks, include, inclusive, package, packages, premium, rccl, rci, reviews, royal, wine