Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 06:38 AM

Thanks Janfred!

I really enjoyed composing it as well. I literally could have gone on for multiple pages, but, I really did run out of time. I also meant every word. The longer the cruise, the better, in my opinion. One of the greatest feelings is when you wake up on day three of a seven day cruise and feel like you have already had the vacation of a lifetime, then do a quick calculation and realize that your cruise is really just getting started!

It is interesting to me that I really don't like being around groups of people at all during my everyday life, but for some reason, when I am on a cruise, I don't mind being surrounded by other passengers. A lot of folks complain about the crowded pool deck on sea days, yet, I say "The more the merrier" during those times. I guess it just feels good on a warm sunny day at sea being surrounded by other people enjoying their cruise, and to me, that is what it is all about. I have enough headaches and problems with work and managing a houseful of children when I am at home, so when I am on vacation, I don't want to worry about anything but having a great time.

The other thing that always gets me going is when people complain about the cruise line trying to make money. If they simply stop and think about it, the reason that cruises are such an affordable vacation is because of the fact that they can make up revenue in other areas, such as alcohol sales. Those things are a matter of choice and you always have the option to say "No." I will even be happy to tell someone "No" twice, but if they continue, then that is moving towards harassment and that I might complain about, but it has never happened.

Anyway, once again, thanks for the stimulating thread and God bless you all!

Brad

Old 04-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Cool
I don't know where to even begin, when it comes to what I love about Cruising. I must say that user WHEELS, I have a lot in common with them as to what they like about cruising. I love the 30 days before my cruise, I get so excited that I can barely contain myself. I love the day before the cruise, when I'm checked into my hotel and the excitement is overwhelming.

Once I see the ship I really get excited, I love the check-in process and my first moments on board. The first thing I race to do is go check the ship out, make sure my room is ready and then go head to get lunch. I have been on a total of 7 cruises so far, and I have to take them every year, if not I get depressed. The feeling of being out in the open ocean is so beautiful to me, the sound of the waves, the feeling of the ship moving on the water all plays apart of my experience. The most important thing about my experience is the opportunity to visit different ports each day and learn different cultures and how other people live on their islands. I'm so excited about my cruise to come aboard the Oasis of the Seas, November 12, 2011.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 04-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Wheels87 and CruiseMstr,
We are the folks always smiling on the ship! I too admit when I see my ship for the first time at the departure Port, I get chocked up. I can't think of anything I dislike except having to put my bags out by 11PM to leave :0( Never had a bad cruise even when we got the Nor Virus, missed a few ports but what the heck it still beat having to work ! We were well taken care of! LOL I can't say enough, we truly just LOVE it!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 04-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Janfred,

I'm the same way, when I have to get ready to head back to port, thats the only time I get sad. Other than that even if its rough seas, I make the best out of a bad situation, and not allow others to ruin my trip.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 04-24-2011, 05:19 PM

I agree with all of you...I have to admit that the last night of any cruise definitely has a different feel to it and it is kind of a sad feeling. That is why for my next trip I decided to do a back-to-back. That way, the first last night doesn't have to feel that way!

All of this positive enthusiasm for cruising is why I really love this forum. The folks on here really know how to have a great time and I hope to meet you all some day.

Take care,

Brad

Closed Thread

Tags
back, bring, cruise, crusie, front, guys, leave, liquor, oaisi, oasis, port, reviews, ship, shirt, sneaking